“An Irish pub”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is one of those places that slips out of mind. When I remember it and go my reaction is "Why don't I come her more often?". Most likely because if I did, I would gain 200 pounds. The food is that good. This is the place that all those plastic chain restaurants are trying to imitate, in decor, food, drinks and patrons. The food is wonderful (and unlimited, free soup) and plentiful. Although I am partial to the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich (yes, sandwich), order what you want, everything is good, and made to order. No special request seems to fluster them.
The staff is always friendly. These are not polished, professional, fine dinning waitresses, but fine, nice people you will be the better for knowing.
One of the most existential experiences I have ever had was to walk into this place and see four men at the bar watching Cheers on the TV. The place is that wonderfully quirkey.
Check out their web site (worth a visit on its own for the visuals and the Irish music playing) for music and specials.
If you are driving on Rt. 95 it is just off the highway.

1  Thank BillRhodeIsland

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This fine old Irish Pub is hidden in Pawtucket so deep my GPS had a hard time finding it. Keep your eye out for the narrow drive leading to the parking lot or you'll drive right by. Once inside you will see why I recommend this great place. It's nothing fancy, no tableclothes, just a friendly place where you can have a good meal and some good beer. They have 80+ beers on tap and countless in bottles. The atmosphere is typical pub, some loud laughter and talking, not a place for a romantic evening out. It is calm enough where many of the tables had families with children. There is a deck on the back, the night we visited there was live music going on. My date and I both had the Southwest Pasta which was delicious and a large portion.

1  Thank rwhatzo
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I had never heard of Doherty's but friends took us there. This pub has an extensive beer list and you can do beer tastings (I think 6 2 oz glasses)? I have been here a few times. If you are a beer enthusiest you have to come here. It's lively and has the best steak tips ever. Also great burgers, mashed potatoes and I thad a delicious Rueben there too. I believe they do Bloody Mary Breakfasts there too on Sundays. I hear St. Patty's day there is insane. I love this place. A great pub, great food, great find!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

anytime i'm in rhode island i make sure i go to doherty's. this place has more beer than anywhere else in ri, around 80 draft and probably 50ish in bottles. the food is good, the bartenders are cool, and there's always a good vibe.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Booked a table for 10, a week before. Whenw e arrived, got two tables for 5. When we tried o push them togetehr a very stroppy manager told us we couldn't because it needed to be a fire escape. This was in a corner of the room with three sides of bench seats........go figure. Waitress was intailly grumpy, but became friendlier. Food was very good. We had a mix of dishes and everyone was happy. Table clearing was very slow. Finished first course still on table when mains arrived. Beer chocie is excellent.

1  Thank BobHARRIS10