“the best roast beef”

The Beef Barn
Jacksonville, Florida
“the best roast beef”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The roast beef sandwiches are fantastic. The service not so much. I sat at the counter for a while and I understand that it gets busy, but multiple waitresses walked by me without even acknowledging me. I had to flag one down to place my order and they were quite unfriendly. Only after I finally ordered did someone approach me and ask if I was being helped. The food comes out really fast though and it is the best roast beef I've had around here.

• Visited July 2013

Somers, New York, USA
“Cool place”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I stopped as I needed some take out for the drive in. Very reasonable pricing, good food, portions are very small. Shakes are excellent and worth a visit if only for the shakes. The counter person was very friendly, efficient and helpful.

• Visited June 2013
Newport, RI
“What a treat!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Fast quick service, excellent fresh food, priced right, good sized portions. Juts a great little place for a quick meal.

• Visited May 2013
Smithfield, Rhode Island
“consistently good food & a fun place!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a fun place to visit - service is always great, everyone is smiling and happy and super friendly. If you go a few times, they remember your order (which blows me away, given the number of people they have there all the time). I don't get the roast beef, and none of my family or friends get it (shocking, I know!)......I get a veggie burger and fries and both are yummy.....and everyone else gets some variation of a burger and they all love their food. Takeout from here is always a good option when someone is having a burger craving.

If you haven't been here, go for the drive and give it a whirl! Have good food here then pop up the street to Wright's and get some awesome desserts to take home.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent roast beef, fast friendly service, prices are fantastic!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Was taken here by a friend as I would likely never consider stopping at a kitschy roadside place. Not that I am a snob, but, ok, I can be a snob. The Beef Barn is awesome! It looks like it belongs in Pennsylvania Dutch country, the decorations are very quaint, and the dining areas are rustic and comfy. Table service is friendly and efficient. The place is reasonably clean with that pleasant slight air of "well worn" that tells you you are in a happy, busy place. The food: I ordered a roast beef sandwich and a soda, he ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a shake. Food came amazingly fast, hot and clearly prepared to order. Roast beef was lean, rare and delicious. Horseradish was separate from the mayo, perfect for me, I do not really like mayo but I love horseradish. Pickle from a barrel, sliced as requested, and a spicy bbq sauce, yummy yummy. Companion loved his meal- he has been here many times before, and stated that the food was as good as ever. I will definitely stop in again when in the area- especially because the check was incredibly low- I do not think anything was priced over $3.00. What a place!

• Visited March 2013