“Great NY Style Chinese Food with "Hole in the Wall" Atmosphere”
Review of Ken Wok

Ken Wok
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant locally. The food is always cooked to order, everything tastes fresh & delicious. I highly recommend the sticky wings, crab rangoon, General Tso's chicken, and chicken with broccoli (personal favorites). The service is mediocre but the core staff often remember repeart customers and the atmosphere seems more like a hole in the wall restaurant than the large establishment it is... but that's part of the charm for me! It's always a great choice for an inexpensive dinner that gives me enough food to have leftovers for lunch the next day.

1  Thank Melissa S

Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I have patronized this restaurant for several years.

We've noticed a decline in business and I thought a good review might help them out.

Ken Wok on Mineral Spring Ave. does great Chinese/Asian fare. For the price the meals are unbeatable. We've tried a lot of chinese restaurants and this is one of the best around for food quality.

The service is usually fast, and they also have some good drinks (we like to do the volcano and quench the flaming 151 so we can mix it with the rest of the drink).

I'm big on spicy Tso's, and when I order it here they actually spice it according to request.

Ken Wok is reliable, and one of our favorites. If you like good mainstream chinese food give them a shot. They do take out as well.

3  Thank graphicdesign_ri
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Goons To Die For! lots of good food . always good ive had a lot of chinse food so trust me try the crabrangoons

Reviewed August 25, 2009

I am writing this because I am a Fan and I see there are others who have enjoyed also. And when I hear and see the same great opinions from some of the other customers, I know that there is something wrong with the bad apple review comments.
The food here is always GREAT, and the appetizers are a great way to start your meal. If you know anything about cooking food you can tell the appetizers are not greasy other than through the natural juices of the items. The Crab Rangoon's (which are GREAT by the way), the Won Ton's, Chicken Wings and the Egg Rolls are hot and dry, which show me that they are cooked in fresh oil to Perfection. The BBQ Ribs, Boneless Ribs and Steak Teriyaki are also hot and dry with only their natural juices, which to a trained person tells you they are cooked in the broiler as they should and not in the fryolator like many places.
The main course was a delicious meal each and every time I have been no matter if it was the popular General Tao's Chicken, or the Mongolian Steak or simply the Beef and Green Bean's my meals have always been plentiful and satisfying. My guests have also always been happy with the many choices and fine cooking. And while I am not one for the spices some of my guests have made special requests on the seasonings and with the perspiration pouring out of their forehead they have exclaimed this was the best Asian food they have had in a long time.
The wait staff are always courteous and helpful and it seems the takeout business is also a major part of this restaurants business. So as with any business you have to appreciate the work which goes into running such a business and the occasional minor infraction which might occur, but over all this has always been a pleasurable dining experience, and I highly recommend Ken Wok to everyone to enjoy.

1  Thank EChase
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Favorite for chinese takeout in our neighborhood.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook