“Heard good things, and was not dissapointed!”
Review of IL Fornello

IL Fornello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in North Providence, Il Fornello offers authentic Italian cuisine in a warm, inviting and lively atmosphere. Our menu features fresh food that you could find in any Italian's home throughout Italy.We invite you to come in and dine in a warm inviting casual fine dining atmosphere, where everyone is practically family!
Warren, Rhode Island
“Heard good things, and was not dissapointed!”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I just got back from the restaurant, and overall had a good meal. I had gotten a coupon from groupon and it was a great deal! Otherwise I would have never heard of this place! It was very slow and only two other tables were there and a few people at the bar. This was a monday night. The bread is AMAZING! Salad is good, but a bit too vinegary. We got the calamari App for$8 and it was delicious! A good serving that had peppers mixed in yet the calamari stayed perfectly crispy. My Girl friend said she was only going to have a little bit, but it was so delicious we split it!
I got the Frutti De mari which was pasta with mussels (which I skipped on), Littlenecks (which were perfect!), Scallops (3, also good but should have been more), and shrimp (2, also could have been more...). For $17 I thought it was a bit to expensive but overall it was pretty good, delicious seafood.
My girl friend got a Scallops Fornello which was ritz cracker topping on a casserole, also for $17, i thought 6 scallops seemed a bit light. Her first order was undercooked, and the middle was translucent. Luckily she noticed after only eating two and said there was no flavor, i looked and realized they weren't cooked all the way. She told the VERY FRIENDLY waitress and they gave my girl friend a whole freshly made order and also gave her fresh pasta. This was very good and they were PERFECT the second time, full of flavor and so delicious. Overall a great place, although inside its a bit drab, its okay, but nothing fancy. Food is very good though, and never get rid of that bread!!!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Mike M

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“One of the best Italian restaurants in Rhode Island”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Rhode Island has some of the best Italian Restaurants anywhere. While Federal Hill is well known for several of these, my favorite little Rhody italian restaurant isn't on the hill - it is a few miles away in North Providence (off 146 - to mineral spring - to charles, to Josephine st).
It's only a few minutes off of 146, and has plenty of parking. We make reservations some times, but depending on the day of week, we have walked in for immediate seating many times. The service is friendly and the meals are great. They are in the entertainment book as well.
I highly recommend this restaurant, although sometimes we still head up to the hill for dessert.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you're lucky, and the...”
Reviewed May 13, 2009

If you're lucky, and the season is right, this place serves up a great stuffed squash flower appetizer. There are traditional plates, but I always like to try the chef's special. Very quaint. They also have gluten free choices.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
providence
“rude hostess uncomfortable situation”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

I have to say this was not my first time here. I was excited to go back but I will not be returning. I had called ahead for reservations it was for a girls night out. We all have the same Birthday First the restaurant was not crowded but a table was not ready for us. Then as they were getting a table ready for us a second waiter gave our table away. We were left standing and noone appologized and we were very uncomortable the bus boy finally seated us and said he would move us as soon as a better table came along. After a considerable time we called the hostess and said we needed to be served as it was obvious we were not going to be moved and she told us the bus boy said not to serve us and we were made to feel very uncomfortable. Needless to say the tone of the Birthday was not as it should have been The food was okay the waitress herself was very polite but i would not go back to a restaurant that treats their patrons this way.

2 Thank jolu40
north providence
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I took my mother there for her birthday, and we loved it. The wine, the food, the service all fantastic. I am such a food critic, but i could not find one thing to complain about. Good place across the board.

1 Thank stylechild622