“Busy Spot”

Dining options: Late Night
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Busy Spot”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

While on vacation in Rhode Island a stop here for dinner proved to be a good choice. The waitress who seemed to be extremely busy did her best to keep checking back with us to be sure we were okay. The menu had a nice choice of selections including appetizers, salads and sandwiches for those not wanting a full meal. There were good drink offerings including $5 martini specials. My taco salad was good and so large I could barely finish it. Prices seemed reasonable for the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anne M

Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
“Awesome Sports Pub”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just visited for the first time. Great prices, great food, awesome drinks and some of the best service you will find anywhere. I was a little nervous about ordering prime rib at a pub but went for it anyway. It was one the best pieces of prime rib I have had in a long time and I order it a lot. Very tasty and cooked to perfection. My wife had the corned beef sandwhich and it was to die for. The chunks of corned beef melted in your mouth. The garlic mashed potatoes and fries that came with the meal were also very good. Don't forget about the drinks, they have some of the best martini's around. So big that you get a full martini glass plus a side car in a glass of ice with a quarter of that glass filled with the rest of the drink. Also very good beer selections as well as other drinks. Can't wait to visit again which might be Tuesday night as it is $5.00 martini night. They also have specials almost every day and entertainment 0n weekends. Last but not least was the service. The young girl we had as a waitress/server was outstanding. She knew everything about the food as well as the drink menus. She was right on with her drink suggestions. I wish I would have gotten her name as she deserved to be mentioned. For great food and drinks, great service, good prices and an all around good time Gillian's can't be beat.

• Visited June 2013
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
“Average Bar...Rather Dive Style Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've been to this place several times over the years, and have never found it anything special. It's not a bad place if you just want to get a couple of beers with the guys, but the food is barely standard fare. I mean in all the time I have lived in North Kingstown I have never heard anyone ever say, Go to Gillian's for the burgers, or the clam cakes, etc. You'll be disappointed if you just go there for the food. For the place has a real local dive style atmosphere and its loud. Oh and one more thing, the picture they have for the place here is not Gillian's at all. That's a picture of Wickford marina. Gillian's should be so lucky to be located in such a nice place. Its located along busy Post rd and has a lovely view of some seedy looking motel in the rear...That's it, nothing special at all...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank John M
Rhode Island
“Great Local Pub”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went here for the first time this past weekend on St. Patty's day, my husband and I ran the Shamrock Shuffle and they were running a promo that with your race bib you got a free beer here after the race. My hubby and I were some of the first people to get here, so we had no problem grabbing some seat at the bar in front of the fire place - after a run in 28 degrees & windy it felt great!

Soon after the place was packed with the post race crowd. The bartenders did a fantastic job keeping up with the line and keeping our glasses full. As soon as the crowd died down the regulars made their way in and the place had a nice flow.

I ordered the fish & chips special for $8.99, it was FANTASTIC. I rarely order fried food and it was just heaven. The piece of fish was enormous & delicious, after seeing my order 2 other people near us ordered the same and were just as happy. My husband had the ruben and was happy with it. For our 2 meals and 2 pitchers of miller lite (don't worry, other people me us) the tab was $45, we thought it was a great deal.

I would highly recommend this place! The atmosphere is warm & welcoming, there were several pool tables on the other side of the bar, a patio out back for the summer, the bartenders are lovely and the food is a great deal.

• Visited March 2013
Enfield, Connecticut
“LOVE.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What an awesome place. Sat in the bar - great food as always. Our party ordered everything from awesome chili in a crock to pizza to cheeseburgers. DELISH.

Visited February 2013