“Wow, a great surprise”

Dining options: Reservations
Amsterdam
“Wow, a great surprise”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ended up in Kingstown on the last night of our trip.
We ended up looking for a regular diner, because we had a very bad expierence with eastern cuisine.
But the choices were very limited and so we did end up in Sevens Moons.
We had our waitress help us with deciding what was good in the restaurant.
Even though we really didn't feel like Asian food, we ended up getting the best restaurant meal of our vacation. If we had one more day to stay we would absolutely have eaten there again.
Great food and great service.

• Visited August 2013

Cranston, Rhode Island
“7 wonders of the world”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great food, especially when you can take your shoes off and eat. Try the chicken wings as an app. They coat it like the tempra. Not greasy and with duck sauce , such a different way to have wings.

• Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Where do you take a Japanese guest for good "American Chinese"?”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Recently I had a guest from Japan visiting and his one culinary wish was to try "American Chinese Food" as he is a big fan of the Chinese food served in Japan. Knowing the local fare and not wanting to disappoint him, I asked some coworkers for a recommendation. Seven Moons was everyone's suggestion. I had driven past it on many occasions but never thought twice about it. It is my new favorite Asian restaurant. Clean, well decorated and with many comfortable dining rooms, it is like no other "Chinese" restaurant I have eaten at in all my years. The menu is extensive and well organized, featuring not only Chinese but also Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese dishes. I dined with three others and we all selected different entrees. Each was promptly delivered, beautifully presented and delicious. No one was disappointed in their choices, including our Japanese guest. We enjoyed their "famous" handmade Crab Ragoons and were most impressed....not greasy, rather light and flavorful. Service was prompt and courteous. The only thing disappointing was the Dark and Stormy my husband ordered from the bar. It was clearly not made with Goslings and it was a bit on the weak and watered down side. The total bill for four with an appetizer, one drink and four entrees, including tax was $80.

Looking forward to our next visit!

California
“OK East Asian Food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Service is good, but food is salty and greasy. Very popular with locals, because there is not much of a competition in the area. If you know what Southeast Asian food should be taste like you'll be disappointed.

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Ok but really nothing special”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I got take out from Seven Moons the other day. We ordered the Vegetarian Pad Thai, the vegetables in garlic sauce, and some chocolate cake. The food was ok, really nothing special. The noodles contained a good amount of vegetables. The Vegetables in garlic sauce was ok - the vegetables were sort of drowning in the sauce and I didn't get any rice with it, which surprised me. I took another look at the menu and couldn't tell if I should have expected rice. Usually with Asian restaurants, dishes include rice. The cake was very nice - the piece was huge but it was quite expensive. All in all, the food cost a bit more than I expected. At the end of the day, it seemed average, especially for the price.