“Organized and efficient service”

Martha's Vineyard Fast Ferry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We operate the newest most luxurious fast ferry to Martha's Vineyard. The "Ava Pearl" offers all Business Class seating with interior luggage areas and the most advanced Ride Control System in the world offering the smoothest ride possible. Depart from Quonset Point, Rhode Island and avoid all the Cape Cod traffic - we will save you 3-4 hours in travel time each way! Closest daily ferry to Connecticut, New York & New Jersey. Dockside parking $10/day. Seasonal ferry service operating May through October.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and i just returned from a long weekend on Marthas Vineyard. Our experience on the Vineyard Fast Ferry was very positive. I expect that it could be that our travels were in September and not the summer months, but still a fair number of people traveling to the Vineyard! Checkin and parking were effortless and quick. Departure times both to and from MV were on schedule! I found the ride really beautiful and the seating great for viewing the Lighthouses and coastline along the way. Seas were mostly calm- but i definitely would recommend seating outside if you have a tendency for a sensitive stomach with motion! I have been on other fast ferries where the waters were rough and they only had indoor seating- not good! The restrooms were clean and the staff were informative, friendly and helpful. I felt safe that my car was parked in a gated lot while we were away....and location is within 10 minutes from I-95 very convenient! This saved us 3-4 extra hours in driving time to the Cape departure at Woods Hole!

1  Thank Marie L

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This new ferry to Martha's Vineyard is easy to get to from I-95 for CT, NY, RI and MA travelers. A variety of seating options are available inside and outside. Clean, roomy restrooms, luggage racks, TV screens and snacks are available. Most of all the scenery is lovely along the way. My husband tooks pictures of several new lighthouses along the way! The ocean was calm on our way out and we zipped along, but the wind and waves had kicked up in the afternoon and waves were splashing along the side of the ferry's second deck. However, the captain took a different route, going through a passage between the Elizabeth Islands and came closer to shore to avoid the rougher ride. Buy tickets online or the charge at the ferry pier is higher. The parking is $10 for your car in a secure lot. You can also buy a bus tour of MV online at the ferry site which we did. Tour began only a block from the Oak Bluffs dock in MV and took in most of the island. This was a very good 2 and a 1/2 hour tour for first timers including a half hour stop at Gay Head Light. We had a very amusing bus driver. Expect a school bus ride and not a trolley which was also shown on the web site. On MV restaurants are nearby the ferry dock and town which gave us plenty of time to have a lovely lunch after the tour, and a quick browse of the downtown before the ferry took us back at 3:15. I'd take this fast ferry again in a minute and rent a bike for our next visit. Plan a lovely day trip for next summer!

1  Thank Camlax
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked our tickets online out of Rhode Island. The ferry left on time and the ride was on a gorgeous day. Boat was clean and docked on time smoothly. We left the last ferry out of MV and again on time, smooth trip, and clean. For the price it was well worth the trip. Traveling during the day allows a nice view of the mansions along the coast. Also, parking at ferry loading dock was convenient.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I did another tour through YANKEE TRAILS. This time it was a trip to RHODE ISLAND for the LIGHT HOUSE TOUR. Our tour package was bought by the bus company. But it was a great tour and a great way to see the harbor and its light houses.
We even got to sse ERIC CLAPTON boat. He was in town. There was also a cruise ship in the harbor. "ENCHANTMENT of THE SEA".
The tour left at 2PM and we where back to the dock by 3:45PM. It was a little choppy and I had to borrow someones sea sick pills. Didnt have any my self. But didnt loose anything.
Its a great two hours.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Parking was $10/day at the lot in front of the terminal, gated, seemed secure. The ferry was a quick 1:40 to Oak Bluffs. The ride is totally dependent on the sound conditions, you can't blame the boat operator for that. Prices though - more expensive when you buy it in person vs. online, keep that in mind. I wanted to change my departure to the last one on a weekday, called in advance, they were fine with it since space was available on the later ferry, so that was nice. Overall - no issues, concerns (apart from the price differential). If you're coming from the NYC area like myself you will save at least 1 hour of driving vs. the other ferries by going out of Quonset, RI vs. MA terminals. That can't be beat!