“Impressed”

Ashaway, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I ate lunch at Gregg's today and had a great experience. My son and I ordered a well-done cheeseburger and when it arrived they were both still mooing. The waitress noticed it and immediately took them back. When she returned, my son's was done, but mine was still a little pink. So, the waitress took it back. When it came back the third time, the manager served it to me, apologized and told me I shouldn't have had to send this back three times. Then he told me my meal was free! Been going to Gregg's for years and never had a problem. You don't get service like that everyday. Bravo Gregg's!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 819Kathy

Newport, Rhode Island
“Horrible Service, Mediocre Food, Good Desserts”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The NK restaurant isn't great. Friends tell me the Providence location is better. The service was horrible, the waiter was rude and the hostess acted like a teenager who was forced to get a job and had better things to do on a Friday night. The food is overpriced and mediocre; the dining room could stand a good cleaning. The desserts are still good. My advice: eat somewhere else and pick up dessert at the bakery counter and take it home. The wait staff acts like they don't want to be there anyway, so a take-out experience would be more pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank james b
St. Peters, MIssouri
“Is anybody home?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent a week in Maine expecting to enjoy some marvelous New England dining. On a local recommendation, we stopped here. This had to be the worst experience of a number of unexciting dinner outings. This place was dreadful. It smelled like dead fish as soon as you walked in the door. The meals were even worse. The food looked like it had been slapped on in a military mess hall, and it didn't taste any better. You could have set off a fire alarm in this place and nobody would have moved.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BigRedFan50
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing desserts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Best chocolate eclairs around - but if you're truly a choc-o-holic, you have to experience the Death By Chocolate cake. It feels like a slice weighs about three pounds - and is so rich and sweet it can make your teeth chatter!

Before a holiday you can pick up the pies and cakes to go - a great way to save time and keep out of the kitchen. The cheesecakes are amazing also. Thanksgiving is a great time to pick up their mile high apple pie!

• Visited November 2012
“Don't place an order for a special event”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a cake and two dessert trays for a baby shower. The cost was ~$150.00. When you place an order you give your name , phone# etc. and you specify the date and time for pick up. I worked with a young girl and watched her fill out the order sheet while we discussed the order. I specified a date and time and paid for the order in advance. When I sent my husband to pick up the order nothing was ready and he was told that they were unsure as to what time we needed the order (they had my phone number but never bothered to call). We did not even receive an apology for their obvious mistake. Go to a refutable bakery that will offer you the level of customer service you deserve!

• Visited April 2013