“Seriously Outdated” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Seriously Outdated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is seriously outdated, and not well kept. The entrance is littered, and landscaping scraggly. You have to walk through the bar to find the hostess "stand" which is not marked. The door to the men's room is right there, with a clearance of about 5'8", not good for tall men!
The waitress brought over the greasiest fried noodles we ever experienced. We each tried them and pushed them aside. (I have had them at other places and ate them all despite the fact that I know I probably shouldn't. These were just bad!)
We also ordered the fried wontons as an appetizer, and pushed them aside as well.
I had the Moo Goo Gai Pan, which was actually quite good, and a generous portion. My husband had the lemon chicken that he ate half of and thought it was so-so.
I doubt we'll be going back there. We'll look around for a better Chinese resttaurant in the area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Great local Chinese restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Pagoda is a great place for lunch or dinner - the service is fantastic, and the food is consistently great! They have a standard Chinese food menu, and the Chicken Lo Mein is my favorite. They make some pretty amazing cocktails also. It's a great place to bring friends or family. The interior is set up as a small bar area with two dining rooms. The dining rooms are mostly spacious booths, so it's a very comfortable experience. They seem to do a large amount of take-out business as well.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Under the Radar -Best Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

www. pagodainnri.com

This place is EXCELLENT!!! One does not think to go here since it is in an older section of town but the food is the best we've had so far when it comes to Chinese food. Decent prices and good portions. Friendly and accomodating staff. They have lunch specials and special diet dishes. They will make food gluten free as well. Opens at 11:30 everyday and is owned by the same family since it first opened. Take out available.

• Visited October 2012
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
“Decent Fare.....Small portions on take out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Pagoda Inn is a little bit of a cut above some of the other smaller, more fast food oriented Chinese places in North Kingstown. Its been around for many years and I have eaten there both inside and take out. The food is a little more expensive than the smaller Chinese joints, and worth the couple of extra bucks in most cases. When I have eaten in there I have always found the service friendly and attentive. My only complaint with this restaurant is an odd one for Chinese food. I don't feel they give you enough when you get take out, which is what I usually get. One thing about Chinese places I have found to be almost universal is that I get enough food for my money in take out. One combo meal perhaps with one appetizer usually is enough for two meals for me easily. Pagoda gives you enough for one meal, with perhaps a tiny bit leftover at best. Its happened the last couple of times I have ordered there and feel ripped off because of it, especially considering they are a little more expensive than others around. As far as eating in I feel I get enough, but in take out I have gotten both combo plates and specials of the house only to see a very small amount of food in comparison to other places locally. For this reason I cannot recommend Pagoda for take out, unless you are just crazy about their fare. Which in all honestly is not worth it for me....

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Amazing staff, amazing food and good prices. Excellent chinese food, best in North Kingstown and probably RI.

1 Thank Snoborgrl3