“Welcome back Ralph Conte”
Review of Plum Point Bistro

Plum Point Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Welcome back Ralph Conte”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were a party of four and looked forward to this meal and it did not disappoint at all. Our waitress, Jennifer was an excellent waitress who made suggestions and described everything we asked about while deciding on our orders. The short ribs were spectacular, fell off the bone and had the most delicious sauce. The other three orders were stuffed sole, bistro steak and cornish hens and all of us LOVED our meals. It was not as noisy as I expected since the reviews I had read said it was very loud but it was a Tuesday night and not all tables were filled. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank sylviafly

RI
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We tried to eat there over the summer, but it was always too packed. We went in October on a Sunday night. The staff was great as was the food. The short rib dumpling appetizer was delicious. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LuLuHT
narragansett, rhode island
“great food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Plum point started out slow but is now a destination of choice. The food is great and I love the chicken and the homemade pasta. Service can be sketchy, depends on who you get for a wait person but don't let that discourage you, the menu is full of great stuff. I especially like sitting at the bar and the service there is much better. Glad there is finally a good restaurant in the area.
You cannot make a reservation till 4pm so plan well.

• Visited November 2012
“Top-notch!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A charming restaurant, both for sitting outside on a nice evening, or inside where it is friendly, albeit a tad noisy. The website refers to its "inviting 1930’s vintage inspired “"bistro vibe." Well-put indeed! The tuna tartare appetizer will keep us returning again and again. (We disagree completely with an earlier reviewer who thought the tuna was not of sushi-grade.) Pasta is homemade and excellent; duck leg dish is unusual and outstanding. Seafood and vegetable offerings that come from nearby sources within RI will delight locavores. Now, after 4 visits, we list it as a favorite.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RhoDylandAnne
Providence, RI
“Eclectic = excellence”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It may be true that a restaurant like this would usually be found in Providence or Newport...but that's also exactly why it's needed in a little town like Saunderstown, RI. Just off the highway on the way to Jamestown and Newport, the Plum Pt Bistro features an inventive menu that succeeds on all levels. The short rib dumplings: excellent. The short ribs braised with cocoa and espresso for a wonderful kick. The tuna tartare: balanced beautifully by the smoothness of avocado, the spike of a horseradish creme fraiche, and the extra saltiness of black tobiko (flying fish roe often used in sushi, died black with squid ink.) The grilled octopus: 3 small critters grilled to a nice crispness without being dry, highlighted by a crushed potato and olive tepinade combination I could not stop eating. And for my main plate...(yes, I ate all this myself!) the duck legs with white beans, sausage and crisp pork belly. Extremely rich and satisfying. I couldn't finish that plate, but took it home and re-heated the meat and sauce the next morning and cracked an egg over the top. Breakfast of champions.

I don't quite understand the complaints others may have. Noisy? Yes. It's a small space and it's popular. People are enjoying themselves. You want quiet, go to a library. I don't think anyone, owners of the bistro included, thought that this little place would be so popular right off the bat and the small space was not considered an issue. I got there early and sat at the bar indoors. If you want a table, especially weekends, you need to call to make a reservation. The outdoor area will probably be open for only a short time now, with the cooler weather arriving.

I live on the opposite side of the state of Rhode Island. It was a 45-minute ride for me to get home after my incredible meal. I hope the people of Saunderstown realize what a gem they've got right in their own backyard!

• Visited September 2012