“Great Get-a-way with a Hometown Feel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamilton Village Inn

and 1 more site!
Hamilton Village Inn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Get-a-way with a Hometown Feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2005

Hamilton Village Inn is a very well run and maintained Inn that sits about 15 minutes outside of Newport Itself. It is also 10 minutes away from the historic village of Wickford which offers a variety of botiques for every shoppers taste.

The Inn itself has just gone under a second floor addition on the main building. These rooms are big with an outside deck to have some morning coffee. The rooms are clean and comfortable and have coffee/tea makers .

If you are looking for all the ammenities of the bigger hotels, forget about it . This is an INN. They do have a restaurant on the premises which serves breakfast and lunch everyday and also offers dinner on the weekends.

The owners and entire staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to make you feel like family. They have an abundance of information on places of interest. I personally recommed the Wickford Art Festival ( which was this weekend) and also the Pumpkin Spooktacular at the Roger Williams Zoo in October. There is also the Folk and Jazz Festivals in Newport , as well as a kite festival that is rather entertaining. The Washington County Fair in Richmond is also a must do. In Providence they have Fire Nights in which they light up the waterway !! This Inn is situated in the middle of it all.

This is one of the best Inns I have ever been to and I have traveled a lot throughout my life. This place is what New England is all about!!!!

• Stayed July 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
Central MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2004

We stayed at the Hamilton Village Inn for 2 nights in August, 2004. For $89 per night we had one king bed, a small bathroom with a shower-stall, cable TV, a hot water pot and instant coffee. I was working in Newport that weekend and I was pleased with the rate and very pleased with how clean the room was. There are signs saying "no noise after 11PM", we watched TV late one night and I was worried that might get a complaint, but no one mentioned anything. There was a car parked in front of my room that had the alarm go off twice the next morning -- very annoying! But the chances of that guest being there for your stay are slim. We bought coffee from the restaurant next to the hotel rather than making the instant. The restaurant looked like it would be nice. It had some outside tables. I would recommend this to anyone that was going to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rebecca G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2004

We were confirmed for a room on Friday, July 30th, 2004. We had on Saturday July 17th (in person, after traveling 1.5 hours to make a face-to-face reservation), provided them with a credit card to hold our reservation. We were contacted on Monday, July 26th with the fact that our confirmed reservation was cancelled.......due to "electrical problems on the second floor with no other rooms available." After considerable research, we were not able to find comparable accommodations in such short notice and were forced to cancel our weekend in Newport.

We were more than disappointed!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2004

Hamilton Village Inn is a quaint inn located about 15 minutes from Newport and 5 minutes from the artisian town of Wickford. The staff at the Inn are the greatest. I have been staying at this Inn for the past 9 years and come back every year. Loretta and Alison as wll as the entire staff run this hotel to make you feel welcomed as if a "second home" The cleanliness of the hotel is above average. I have stayed at hotels that I have paid 4X the price and they weren;t as clean as this one is. The hotel has a variety of accomodations that would suit anyone's budget. They also have a restaurant on the premises that has a great cup of morning coffee. The location can't be beat, it is not on a busy street you can actually relax and enjoy yourself.I highly recommend this INN. It has to be good if I keep going back year after year.I also heard they are expanding and adding a second floor. Which is good because most of their weekends in the summer fill up very quickly.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newport, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2004

Many friends have stayed at the Hamilton Village Inn in Wickford, RI and have raved about its cleanliness and quiet. The owner runs a very tight ship and does not allow any noise after 10 p.m. and I mean she does ALLOW it. The lobby closes at 10 p.m. but someone is on the premises at all times. The rooms are fairly spacious and the new rooms are absolutely roomy. Every room is cleaned daily whether the guests want it cleaned or not! This is a motel where the owners and the workers take real pride in their work and their motel. The restaurant is small but serves a delightful breakfast (try the cinnamon bun on the grill) and a good lunch. A second floor is now being added to the motel and will be finished soon. I give this establishment 5 stars plus.

3 Thank siegmunp
Budd Lake, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2004

This Inn is a small, family operated establishment, always very clean and well kept. My son is a Sr. at URI and I have made this my motel of choice since discovering it through some friends. Although small, there are a few different types of accommodations here. A couple of rooms have small kitchen areas. One has a deck, I am told, though I never stayed in that one. There is an adjacent restaurant also. The only time we ate there was for a breakfast and it was a good, basic eggs & toast type of meal that we ordered. All rooms are 1st floor with parking right outside your door, which I much prefer to having to lug my "stuff" up stairs or through a lobby. The only reason I did not rate this establishment excellent is because it does not have a pool or any type of view. Other than that, it's terrific.

5 Thank DLB4866
#7 of 8 in Narragansett
Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn
Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn
#1 of 2 in Jamestown

Been to Hamilton Village Inn? Share your experiences!