“Nice motel”

and 1 more site!
Hamilton Village Inn
“Nice motel”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was looking for a place to stay close to Newport, RI without the high prices & found Hamilton Village Inn. It's not on the water & since I was only there for one night, I didn't get to explore the area. For $89 you get a clean, quiet room which is a throwback to old roadside motels. The pink bathroom tile complete with sign "If it's not something you swallowed, do not flush it down the toilet" made me smile. The owner was helpful in directing me to a $13 lobster dinner at Duffy's a couple of miles away. If you're looking for an economical no-frills room, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back extension which is one story, so no upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Martha E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I booked this Inn while looking for pet friendly accommodations near Newport. They allow pets in certain rooms and was told those were also smoking allowed rooms. As a non smoker I was very nervous the room would reek of cigarettes. I was so happy upon arrival when we walked in and I couldn't detect any smoke smell. The room was very clean and the bathroom was a good size (with great water pressure in the shower). They have a coin-operated laundry room that we used to wash our beach towels that came in handy. The location was perfect for visiting Newport and I discovered the adorable Warwick waterfront just a couple minutes north. Check in/out were a breeze. Only suggestion I would offer would be to add curtains to the front window. The shutters are a nice touch but still let a lot of light through. I would return if visiting the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Khart18
Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

As always a pleasant stay no issues perfect room outstanding front office. The price compared to national chains can not be beat. The size of the rooms by today's standard is above the norm. Rooms are twice the size of what your standard hotels are. The hotel is close to everything you will need to get to. It is sad to say our last trip was more than likely the last time we will be in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anybody that thinks about staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ed G
ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2014

stayed here for a wedding for 3 nights. easy access to a cute little town, beach access close but not walkable. close to Newport. restaurant on property only open for breakfast and lunch and very reasonably priced with quick service, good prices and a very fair amount of food. our room had a balcony that overlooked woods. quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mbw160
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The motel is a basic but of excellent quality place to stay especially if you are just looking for somewhere to lay your head for the night. We actually stayed here for 2 nights and found checking in to be no problem whatsoever. The staff, were exceptionally friendly and allowed us to check in about 3 hours early.

Help and advice on the local attractions was first class and we also enjoyed having our breakfasts in the family run diner across the road which offered once again exceptional service and were also very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We needed a pet friendly room so we booked here. The room was very clean however the cigarette smell was so overpowering I swear I had trouble sleeping. Do people close all windows and rip as many butts as they can? The good thing is did not smell like dogs at all. I would ask for non-smoking rooms and recommend if you need a place to crash at a good rate. Staff was very friendly and rooms were overall clean. The area is great, adorable main street in Wickford.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
East Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The cutest, quaintest, quiet, clean, adorable, low cost accommodations.... I didn't want to leave. We stayed two nights. We enjoyed our late nights on the private deck under the stars in the fresh air. The little breakfast restaurant in the parking lot was delicious and inexpensive also. Love, Love, Love The Hamilton Village Inn!!

Room Tip: They are all good. All have a private balcony for fresh air or smoking
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ocean Rose Inn
Ocean Rose Inn
#7 of 8 in Narragansett
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area

Been to Hamilton Village Inn? Share your experiences!