“You have got to be kidding me.”

Budget Inn North Kingstown
Budget Inn North Kingstown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in North Kingstown
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Well, on Expedia.com, there are no reviews.. If there were, I would have saved my $135 and slept in my car. The reservation said we were to have 2 king beds.. Nope, we did not get 2 king beds. The TV stand was covered in mold because the place was very musty. The mirror on the bureau was blocked by the refirgerator sitting on the bureau so I moved it over only to find that under it was NASTY, someone had spilled sugar and coffee there a very long time ago because it was gross and sticky and covered in dust bunnies. There were some bonus cheerios that someone had spilled on the tv stand and not bothered to clean up. Oh yah, there were pretzels on the floor next to the bedside table... so we obviously do not clean the floorsn. You can see on the wall where someone had thrown some liquid (coffee or something) and it had run down the wall and never been cleaned. This place was absolutely nasty. The smell was gross, it was a mildew fest so I had the worst time sleeping because I am asthmatic. Oh, here is the kicker.... When you look at the pictures of the hotel.... Most of them are NOT this hotel... I am not sure where the nice one in the picture is but it is NOT in North Kingstown Rhode Island. The bar next door is really loud if you are trying to actually sleep. Just think twice before you book here, you have been warned. I was actually waitig for Ashton Kutcher to come out and tell me I have been punk'd..

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank byebyegirl
There are newer reviews for Budget Inn North Kingstown

Reviewed February 17, 2008

I recently booked a room at Budget Inn-N. Kingstown NR through hotels.com and was advsd that the reservation was through a seperate web site. The above metioned motel that I was book in well where shall I begin. I arrived at the motel and the man that was behind the counter had no idea about a reservation for this hotel, he barely spoke english just shook his head. So my opinion what is the sense of booking or reserving a room if the motel/hotel has no idea who you are or what you are talking about. Honestly as soon as I gave the man my credit card which was supposedly already charged as i reserved the room on line or so I thought, if I had known that I would not have been charged a cancelation fee as was posted on the website I would have driven to the Holiday Inn up the road and paid the extra money to be comfortable. When entering the room, there was no heat in the room and instantly noticed that there were shims placed inbetween the wall and the floor. Upon returning to my vehicle to bring my belongings into the room that my mother, my daughter, and I were staying in when turning around to leave the room the man at the counter was standing behind us, just standing there, it made us feel like we were staying at the Bates Motel from Phsyco. I must say it was very uncomfortable. He came into the room to turn the TV on and the heat. After unloading out belongings into the room we noticed that there was paint all over the wallpaper in the room itself, the bathroom floor around that toilet well that is another story, you would sink into the floor losing your balance just to use the toilet, never mind the tank hitting the wall when you stood up. The shower well, there was no hot water and the water was rusty, so there was no taking a shower to even relax from the 7 hour trip. The wash clothes that were in the bathroom were full of rust stains, we were suppose to wash with those and shower with the rusty water for a court hearing on Friday. The beds, now that is something else to talk about, honestly from the smell in the room I was looking under the beds for something that wasn;t so fresh, when laying on the beds it was like the bed incased you and not in a good way either. To say the least all 3 of us slept in all of our clothes and thankfully had brought extra blankets as we were not about to climb under the sheets. I atleast would have rather been cold all night.Absolutley unacceptable. Out of all of the hotels/motels I have stayed in over the years this was the worst by far. As I mentioned before if I had known what i found out this evening when I called to voice my complaint that my credit card had not been charged I would have ran for it.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tastytates831
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Stay away. Stay far away.
When we first walked in, the room reeked of floral scent which was trying unsuccesfully to mask the smoke smell in the non-smoking room. Putting on the air-conditioner didn't help as that only made the smoke smell stronger.
The bathroom shower curtain was covered with mold as was the bottom of all the woodwork. The spiders above the bathtub were undisturbed.
I believe (hope) the sheets had been washed, but the mold and other stains left behind were frightening. The bed sheets didn't go to the bottom of the sagging mattresses and the blankets were stained as were all the towels.
All and all, this was the worst hotel/motel room we've ever stayed in. If we'd had access to a working bathroom, we'd have been better off sleeping in the car.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank cjay99
Reviewed March 21, 2007

A reservation for this Hotel was made on Travelocity and later cancelled appropriately and accepted by Travelocity. However, the hotel later charged the credit card $153 for the stay (which never occurred). When Travelocity tried to contact the hotel about the charge, (after we called and were told we had to work throught Travelocity), the person who answered the phone was rude to the agent from Travelocity and hung up on him (according to the agent) and then immediate calls back were met with an answering machine. The next day, a different agent from Travelocity had no better luck.

Working with Travelocity takes a lot of time for each phone call and after contacting them on March 4 this year and sending information to them (fax) on March 5, followed up by numerous calls, we still have no resolution. I can not tell yet if we will. Unfortunately we did not discover the charge until I was reviewing credit card bills for taxes.

Beware of both companies.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank Bozwell2
East Stroudsburg, PA
Reviewed December 25, 2005

I made reservations for two nights at this motel fully expecting a "budget" room. But the motel is run down, and run by people who barely speak English. The small motel office serves as home to the manager and what I suppose is his family. The rooms are dirty, the linen stained, along with the towels. In order to get hot water the taps have to be opened for 10 minutes or so. We had a small dog with us, a Yorkshire terrier, and apparently management arbitrarily imposed a $50.00 "penalty" for having a dog, so the manager knocked on our door the morning after the first night's stay and demanded that I pay the penalty fee. I declined and left, deciding not to take advantage of the second night that I had paid for. So, in effect, he got his "penalty" fee. There's a bar/cafe located next door to the motel office. Perhaps the motel's main source of income comes late at night after this bar closes?? I think it should be put out of business. It's a disgrace.

• Stayed: December 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2005

I would disregard the other reviews of this motel that have been posted; the picture they paint has little relation to the motel we stayed at in Sept. 2005. I get the impression the reviewers are either xenophobes (who cares about the ethnicity of the owners?) or perhaps have been put up to posting negative reviews to drum up business in more expensive motels nearby.

We brought two athletic teams to RI for competition in Newport and found this place well suited. Rooms were not fancy or polished but at these prices you can't expect the Ritz. Rooms and linens were clean. Phone didn't work in one room but we didn't care because we weren't planning to spend much time in the rooms anyway. The staff were very nice in bringing us extra towels and toilet paper when we initially didn't see where the extra rolls were. They were polite and friendly to us.

We visited the pretty little waterfront seaport town of Wickford
----------
nearby and were directed by locals to Duffy's Tavern and Restaurant
-------------
where we had some great seafood with the locals. It made up for not being able to stop at the Sea Swirl in Mystic
---------
on the way up!

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed October 6, 2005

This hotel should be torn down. It sits beside a noisy tavern. The hotel itself is in a terrible state of disrepair. The room stunk, the sheets and towels were stained, the tub was full of hair and the floor dirty. If I didn't arrive so late I would have walked out despite losing my money.IT WAS THAT BAD. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick

Been to Budget Inn North Kingstown? Share your experiences!