“Heavenly donuts”

Allie's Donuts
New Jersey, US
“Heavenly donuts”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We passed by Allie's on our way to Boston. Their donuts are simply amazing. My favorite is the chocolate frosted (both kinds). Their pies are good too: the apple pie tasted fruity and freshly made and the crust was rich and flaky. I don't know how I can go back to eating KK or DD after this.

Visited November 2013

Rhode Island
“Java and the best sugar fix in ri”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Best donuts in ri by far

Ohhh the calories.......

Try a different flavor every time.

Not much for dining in..

• Visited November 2013
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“DEEEEE-LISH!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My friends that lived in the area told me about Allie's & how I had to try them. They both grew up going there & just raved about it. So we stopped there for breakfast on Saturday. Unlike the popular chain places they're only open from 5am to 3pm Mon-Fri & 6am to 1pm Sat & Sun. From the exterior it's not much to look at. Rather small, however when we arrived the parking lot was pretty full. Going inside you are immediately hit with that fresh baked smell. We were there around 10am & the line indoors was snaked around. Everything looked delicious. My friends ordered some donuts & I also ordered the chocolate chip muffin & the lemon square (which is kind of like a lemon pie). The donuts were light & airy & fresh. Melted in your mouth. The muffin was loaded with chips. The lemon square YUM! Best pastries I've had in a very long time. Price was nice too. I even stopped in to grab some for my ride home to NJ. They were THAT good! Had a glazed crueller & a lemon poppy muffin going home. Good thing I don't live close to this place. Man they were good. LOL!

• Visited October 2013
Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
“An institution!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had noticed the boxes from this shop on Narragansett Beach on our vacation. Leaving R.I., we deviced to stop at Allie's. The crowd lined up in this shop made us realise that we would treat on a truly American delicacy ( Like Brikley's in Narragansett). The service was excellent, even with the crowd, the young lady took time to offer her advice on the flavours not to be missed. So we feasted on donuts on the way back home. My favorite was the honey glazed, MMMMM good. The boston cream was out this world and the kids loved the Jimmies!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mamo11
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Best Homemade Donuts in RI”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Dilapidated little place. They should put some money into it. This is food we are dealing with. I guess they feel the hot grease kills all.
The donuts are good though. maple frosted. Yum. Donut cakes perfect for a birthday. Worth the trip. They should have seating.

Visited July 2013