“Never been disapointed!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My hubby and I eat here on a regular basis. The sevice is friendly and prompt , always. I have no idea where these people were who wrote that the service was poor, but it wasn't here. Food is great, authentic Mexican. Fajitas are delish. Awesome margaritas also. Sometimes can be a bit loud, but this isn't the place for a quiet romantic meal, so don't expect that. You will not go home hungry :)

1  Thank maeganc2001

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm not really a Mexican food person but while visiting my sister and her friends we went to this little Mexican restaurant and I'm so glad we did! It was pretty crowded when we went at 5 on a Friday which was a good sign. The decor was so colorful and fun. Their drink menu was extensive as was there menu. I ordered the quesadilla ranchero plain because I'm a little picky. It was unbelievable! The chicken was so tasty and there was so much cheese. Even my 2 year old loved it! My sister ordered a burrito and the plate was unbelievable! Everybody enjoyed their meal and we even had the fried ice cream which was pretty good.

1  Thank Haleyhups
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I would give this restaurant a 'very good' rating if the food was not quite so messy. My wife and son both seemed to enjoy their meals more then I, and I will admit my sons tacos looked very good.

I had a 3 combo meal, lots of food! 1 Chimichanga, 1 Burrito, 1 Enchilada with refried beans and rice. The refried beans were too soupy, and the rice was mediocre. The Burrito was very good, as was the Chimichanga. However, the Chimichanga was mushy and not crisp as it should have been. The Enchilada had a strong taste of Cilantro as did the complimentary salsa.

Some people like Cilantro, it is a so called super food, and having it in your meal is only a good thing. But for some reason it always gives me a nauseous feeling after eating it... But that's me!

My son and I both had a fried ice cream desert which was very good.

The total bill was less then $40.00, very reasonable for the amount of food we received... It was the lunch menu we ordered from. A glance at the dinner menu tells me the tab would have been about 30% more had we been there for dinner and not lunch.

The service was good and friendly in a relaxed atmosphere. The place looks very clean and has an extensive beer menu for those who enjoy a good brew with their Mexican food.

The one big negative is the fact there was a TV in the place. Granted, this was at the bar, but the bar sits in a dinning area. I just don't like TV and I think having them everywhere is not a good thing... It makes me feel like I am living in an Orwell novel.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went for dinner as a family on a Saturday night. There is parking at the front and the back of the restaurant. While there was hustle and bustle the restaurant seemed somewhat empty. We ordered margaritas, tacos and chicken fajitas and liked all of our dishes. The dinner came out fast like in 10 mins. The quantity of the food was appropriate so we were filled but did not waste any food. Our waiter's English was broken however that adds to the authentic Mexican touch of the place. The service was excellent and the food was tasty. We will definitely come back when we are in the area again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went back to El Tapatio after enjoying it immensely first time...it is still fantastic, with a menu that ranges from traditional favorites that can be enjoyed combination plate style, to more elegant chicken, beef and seafood preparations, including some amazing shrimp dishes and my favorite-carnitas. A very relaxing atmosphere, full bar, cordial staff makes this a perfect--and affordable night out. Having lived in Colorado and worked in Mexico, I have been looking for something that is neither too creative nor too tex-mex and this is the place...don't miss a great, fun night out at El Tapatio