“A Disappointing Experience”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saratoga Springs, New York
“A Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was a real disappointment. The service was poor, the server did not check back with me until she sat another table which was 5 minutes before I requested the check – no excuse for that, poor management and training. The food lacked any imagination and certainly tasted canned. I ordered a combination of chicken enchiladas, the tortillas were terrible, the meat seemed to have no seasoning at all – extremely bland. The beans were canned and were a portion size of about a ¼ cup spread 1 bean thick, the rice portion was more generous but tasteless as well. The slaw was terrible, really tasteless. I tried salting but nothing would help this bland mess. I cannot imagine a scenario where I would give this restaurant another chance because it is obvious they could care less.

• Visited January 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“Good food, Bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went here for lunch waited 15 minutes just for a drink. Then waited another 20 just for the guy to come take our order. Food was decent I would go back and give it another try.

• Visited December 2012
“My favorite place for Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Always had good service here. Love the homemade chips. Have never had a bad meal. Some of the best authentic Mexican food we have had.

Rhode Island
“El Crapatio”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has nerve calling itself a Mexican restaurant and if its waht is referred to as TEX-MEX, then forget that. Go to Providence for some authentic Mexican food or hit Taco Bell and save some cash.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank sigichloe
West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I lived in Texas with my Texican girlfriend, I ate authentic Mexican food daily and her family owned a Mexican restaurant. (Boy did I miss that after moving back up North).
This is the closest I have come to feeling like I was back down South-They did temper down the spices as I have lost some tolerance for the hot stuff but the flavors are sooooo wonderful! Our waitress and service was excellent and a cozy environment-I highly recommend this restaurant for real flavors
of Mexico without burning your tongue off. Great prices, Great service,comfortable atmosphere!
I read the article" Missing the mark here" and cannot help but wonder if he has more of a Purina style palate as he is not an Epicurean and they do not serve hot dogs.
I worked in a restaurant related industry and found out about this restaurant from several Top Chefs who also agree with my opinion and are Central American by birth.

• Visited September 2012