“A great base camp for fun in RI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wickford Motor Inn

Wickford Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Kingstown
Montreal, Canada
“A great base camp for fun in RI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very nice and accommodating. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very clean. The AC was powerful but quiet. We had a fridge and free local calls (no charge for using a calling card for long distance). We were 10 min away from a great free beach (Quonset) and 20 min away from Providence. The WiFi is above average, I was getting 1.2 MB/s. It also cost very little! If you want cape cod but less touristy and cheaper, this is a great find. I got the feeling the staff worked because they enjoyed receiving people and they were not out to bleed tourists dry.

I will definitely return.

Room Tip: reserve early, I booked in Feb and had no trouble but the sign said no vacancy when we arrived.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ImpersonatingMatthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Western Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The room was clean and quiet and had a TV, microwave, small fridge, and unit for air conditioning or heat. The decor was dated and the tiles didn't match but who cares? There were flowers out front and they had just resealed the parking lot, so it's not like it's going unmaintained. The woman we spoke with at check in and check out was friendly and helpful. The room cost $75 a night for two firm beds for two adults, so two nights cost less than or equal to one in many of area motels, hotels, and B&Bs. It was within driving distance of plenty of the coast, Wickford downtown, and Biomes. The only thing I would have changed was that the tub only had one strip of non-slip left, so it wasn't appropriate for an older person. That however, could easily be fixed. The whole motel is smoke free, a definite plus. It's across the street from a Newport Creamery and pizza place and has soda and snack machines.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MaplenCranberries
Spotswood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm an over the road trucker & the Wickford is the only place I stay when I'm in Rhode Island. Debbie & Juan always make me feel welcome. The rooms are always clean. It's quiet so I can always get a good night's sleep and there is always plenty of parking. It's not a fancy place but I consider it.....my home away from home!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Rich B
Brick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

well...i wanna be fair. I've read the other reviews on this site and I will say the rooms were clean, so kudos to Natalia. As for staying there for a week, that was never gonna happen. I needed a room for one evening and I picked it for the price. The room I had looked nothing like the picture so beware. It was dark paneled and nasty green carpet. The sheets were clean, the towels were clean and the water was hot, and the ac worked well. Again I want to be fair. It is an old motel and i guess there is only so much u can do with it. It reminded my wife and me of the movie Psycho, the Bates Motel. Kinda scary and I had my wife and 12 year old daughter with me, and they (We) were kinda nervous. It was no Hampton Inn, but for the price, you get what you pay for. If we had to do it all again, we probably would have spent the extra money on a newer hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank macksdad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed there for three night Only one Reason I'm givin it a good thumbs up is because of the wonderful house keeper natalia she kept my room spotlees and went tha extra mile to make me feel welcomed and at home they should be proud to have this young lady working there and shoud treasure her and appericate the hard work.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank kaliakk
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

A very good price for a double/double room that was immaculate. Decor is old fashioned, but expected based on price. Non smoking facility and no stale odors. Hotel manager was very helpful and interested in providing service. The only thing that did not work was the ice machine and on-site beverage vending machine -- a power surge had fried them, waiting for repair. But there was a small cube fridge in the room so we could chill beverages (manager also offered to get us some cubes). Great location for beaches and quaint New England towns, and cheaper than Bed & Breakfast. Good basic restaurants and breakfast places right on Route One. I would recommend this motel for a family, short stay, or when you need to economize.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank GoGoGoGoGirl
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed here for a week this month. It was very pleasant. The building is quite old, but that adds to the charm. And the outside is nicely landscaped. Best of all the price was very fair. It was clean and comfortable. The housekeeper, Natalia, was very sweet and helpful, she takes her job quite seriously, she was very meticulous about things being clean and neat. She was also very helpful to us in finding places to eat, and a place to go to watch fireworks for the 4th of July.
The managers are also very friendly and kind, we spent a couple hours just visiting with them on their OFF hours. They made sure we got whatever we needed quickly. We made sure to tell them how wonderful Natalia is too. She said to me, yes, we know and are blessed to have her. Now that's the kind of people you want to deal with!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
3.5 of 5 stars 176 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick

Been to Wickford Motor Inn? Share your experiences!