“So so Italian”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stevensville, Maryland
“So so Italian”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had the veal parmesan. which was a little overcooked. Pasta was OK, as well as the garlic bread. Veal in the sandwich was properly cooked, though. Couldn't finish and needed a take home box.

Visited September 2012

Narragansett, RI & Poincian, FL
“Good food, and plenty of it.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

If it's a beautiful summer day in Narragansett and you enjoy eating outdoors, this is not the place for you. However, it is a must otherwise. Easy to find, plenty of parking, good service, and very good (and reasonably priced) food.

Dark wood interior with large pictures if Narragansett in the old days. Booth and table seating. Arturo Joe's offers an extensive menu and though the four of us each ordered something different, we all really enjoyed our meals; large enough to take some home.

North Haven, ct
“great food all the time!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I have been visiting Arturo Joes for years during our yearly visits to Narragansett....this year, we stopped there for dinner on our way home from Newport. As always Arturo's didnt disappoint. The food was wonderful....possibly the best penne ala'vodka I've had....def 2 thumbs up for this restaurant!

Visited June 2012
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Been here on several occasions. My current visit started poorly. We arrived about 5:15 to beat the summer crowds and requested to be seated in the front room. The rear dining room leaves a bit to be desired regarding atmosphere. The hostess chose a booth with a narrow table for four. Across the room (20 feet wide at most) there was a more comfortable booth that we requested. The response was short and curt, " I don't have a waitstaff assigned to that table". What? There were two other adjoining booths that were occupied and being served. Not a good beginning. My companions are of a more humane nature than me and so rejected my suggestion that we go elsewhere. The table service was better but the kitchen mistakenly served one dish topped with cheese that was explicitly requested to be avoided for dietary concerns. As usual, the quantity of each dish served is extraordinary. Enough for a take home dinner the next evening. They have a reduced price menu that is available prior to 5:30 and the time is strictly enforced. There is no reduction of either the quality or quantity of the food ordered from this menu. Table service is good. Food quality is better than average but below the quality of the better restaurants in the Narragansett/Wakefield area. Less likely to return because of the lack of professional hostess staff.

• Visited August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“An unexpected Pleasure”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

After taking a long walk on Narragansett Beach while on vacation this August we decided that we felt like Italian food for dinner. As I used to live there I tried to recall any Italian restaurants that were there and drew a blank. I had a vague recollection of a place that was opening just about when I was moving from there and went to look. It turned out to be Arturo Joe's Grill. We were very lucky in that there was no wait on that particular night and we got seated right away. The waitress we had was a gem and very helpful. The prices were amazingly low for good food and rather large portions of the pasta entrees we got. It was a very pleasant meal and we thouroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2012