“Sweet Coves!”
Review of Blueberry Cove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Blueberry Cove Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This was my first trip to the Blueberry Cove Inn. It was AMAZING! It was relaxing. Close to the beach! Close to food and stores! Dave and Seely go over the top to make sure your stay is perfect! Breakfast was perfect. I've named Dave's sweet treats "Sweet Coves!" They are so sweet! They melt in your mouth and once you are done with breakfast you must retire to your " Cove" to recover before enjoying the city!. Thanks for an amazing stay. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbwashy
There are newer reviews for Blueberry Cove Inn

Reviewed May 18, 2010

This was our second time staying at the Blueberry Cove. This time we stayed in the Hideaway suite, and was very happy with our stay. We were able to bring our fur baby with us (dog) which made the stay much better for us :) The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We took full advantage of the fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The breakfasts are amazing! David is a wonderful cook, and Seely makes some DAMN good cheesecake!! and MUFFINS! They are so hospitable and are always asking if there is anything they can do to make our stay more enjoyable. We will be back very soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mvolk
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I stayed at the Blueberry Cove Inn after attending a business conference over in Newport. Frankly, the prices in Newport were much too pricey for me to stay longer and I was thrilled to have found this place as it was very reasonably priced and it gave me a chance to enjoy the area without breaking the bank. The location to the beach was perfect for me as I love to walk and people watch. The innkeepers were wonderfully friendly and shared a lot of fun stories about their house renovations - they just started a fun blog on their website too that gives you an often-untold peek into the life of an innkeeper.

My room was one with a down the hall bath - which was totally private and only my own. Loved the shower and water pressure~comfy fluffy towels; hair dryer and even a bottle of shampoo in the shower.

The SeaShore room is sweet with a pretty seashore wallpaper treatment and canopy bed. The TV and cable were clear and it had an electric fireplace in the room. I liked the coziness that the heat and flames gave off while I was snuggled up in THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!!

Breakfast started with a small bowl of yogurt with fruit, then coconut french toast and sausage one day, and scrambled eggs and bacon the next. Served very hot and fresh.

I was glad I did not rely on the few negative reviews of this Inn. I LOVED it and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank PegB
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I booked this inn based on the reviews here and was extremely disappointed. What I usually expect from a vacation place to make me happy are the following: a nice bed (comfortable and with high quality and clean sheets), a great shower, nice service and a room that looks good (at least as good as my home). At blueberry cove inn I only got the bed (was nice not extraordinary, good quality clean sheets) of all my expectations. We stayed in the separate apartment and I was very disappointed by the quality of the place inside (except the bed). Everything looked cheap and run down (especially the kitchen and the bathroom - big disappointments- cheap appliances, cheap and old everything) inside the apartment. The living room has a moth infestation problem, making me fear everyday that all my nice tops will be ruined by the moths...every night when we started watching TV the moths would start coming out. The fireplace smelled (although we obviously never used it in august, but as soon as we turned on the AC , the fireplace started to emanate a funny smell). The apartment was clean otherwise. I hated to live in this place and will always regret that I stayed here. What really turned me off badly, the worst thing ever is that the owners expected us to thoroughly clean the place upon departure. I mean, I would have understand if they were asking us to take the sheets off the beds and things like that, but they wanted us to vacuum the whole place, the scrub the toilet and the tub and generally to leave the bathroom sparkling clean, to clean the fridge etc. I have a cleaning lady at my house, and I go to vacation to scrub someone else' s toilet? This was so unacceptable to me !!!! I could not believe when I saw that cleaning list. I wish I knew that list before booking, This was a trap for me, as if I would have known this beforehand I would certainly not have booked this place. So after suffering through the moths infestation, I spent 2 precious hours of my life cleaning this place. Really unacceptable to me. We did not have much contact with the owners, they seem polite and nice, but they should certainly warn people in advance about their expectations for cleaning the place, and the charges associated with that. Definitely, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelLover77_5
InnkeeperSeely, owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2009

I am sorry that the Hideaway Apartment Suite was not up to this guest's expectations. The decor may not be posh enough for TravelLover77 but most guests are content given the location, amenities and pricing. Like most weekly, self-catered rentals we do discuss the cleaning requirements when the reservation is made and provide a cleaning list on arrival. All guests have the option to completely skip cleaning if they are willing to forfeit their cleaning deposit of $150 - a reasonable fee for the size of the Suite and number of guests. I am horrified that the guest never mentioned the moths (which no other guest has mentioned either.) If we had known about the moths or the fireplace odor we could have tried to remedy the problems.

I hope the reviewer has a more agreeable experience on her next Narragansett vacation. I encourage all travelers to discuss problems with their hosts when they occur as things can't be fixed three months after check out.

Reviewed November 5, 2009

My wife and I were staying at the Blueberry Cove while attending a wedding in Narragansett. The room was pretty and the amenities were fine. Seely, one of the innkeepers, was a pleasure. She was very gracious and accomodating.

Two serious problems, however, prevent a good review and mean that we will not be staying in the Blueberry Cove again. First, the other innkeeper was very rude. Even when serving breakfast he was short and brusk with everyone. Some members of our party were staying an extra day and after some of us checked out, we continued visiting for about 1/2 an hour with the remaining group. During that period he was especially rude, telling us that as we had checked out we had to understand that we were no longer welcome. This is despite the fact that I had explicitly cleared our activities (such as continuing to use the bathroom) with Seely. His rudeness, especially upon our leaving, left a bad taste in my mouth all the way back to Boston.

The second problem was the breakfast. They were boring and without any choices. While they were well made, they were not up to the general standard I have been led to expect from a B&B. I understand that it is better to have something made to order than have a buffet, but with only one selection made available each morning it leaves no room at all for personal preference. I'm not expecting a restaurant menu, but would two items to choose from be too much trouble? Perhaps the kitchen would have been willing to make alternate arrangements, but that fact was never communicated to our group and we thought it might be rude to ask.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chi_Trips

Although it is good to hear your positive comments I am sorry you had a bad experience.

I wished the guest had asked about breakfast choices. For 10 years, as noted on our web site, our breakfast policy has been that we pick the menu but guests pick the time to eat (between 8 and 10). With a tiny kitchen and the two of us providing all services to 16 to 20 guests a day this is unlikely to change. We will make provisions for special diets, allergies etc. if given advance notice. Every B&B has its own style of breakfast. I would encourage all travelers to explore this issue before they make a reservation at any property.

Innkeeper rudeness is unacceptable. The group stayed in the living room for 2 hours after check out. They were welcome to stay but were told that they did not have access to the rooms as we needed to prepare for in-coming guests. (Seven rooms checked out, five were coming in.) The group agreed to use the first floor suite bath. Due to innkeeper miscommunication I allowed a guest back upstairs. Dave was rude to the guest. It should have been handled better. We screwed up as humans and as professionals.

Reviewed October 17, 2009

We have been "B&B-ing" around New England and found this to be one of our favorites. Great location, lovely decorating (elegant, yet comfortable) and surprisingly comfortable bed! If you have aches and pains, this is the place to sleep. Excellent mattresses...was the best I had slept in several days, having been at several inns.

The Blueberry Cove caters to the comfort and convenience of their guests, even keeping umbrellas and beach towels at the front door and a large refridgerator on the second floor. Our room faced the street, but was quiet.

Went to the beach early to see the most beautiful sunrise, came back to some of the best scrambled eggs ever tasted. Very nice stay, plan to return.

Dinner was at Casey's, an Irish pub with nice atmosphere, a good selection of non-fried food, tasty homemade soup. Avoid the marinara: had it on a side and although it is homemade, it is unremarkable. Go elsewhere if you'd like Italian, but otherwise, liked the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Imijis
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I just returned home from a girls weekend getaway. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Blueberry Cove for the first time last August and loved it. We returned again for our second annual long weekend away. Dave and Seeley the owners are so friendly and attentive. I read a review about them not engaging in conversation with their guests during breakfast time which seems so far from the truth. Seeley is very charming, witty and attentive and Dave is just so genuinely sweet! The Inn is truly in such a great location...it is close to everything and a few minute drive to Scarborough beach. It is just a beautiful location and sitting on the front porch is so relaxing as the area is truly lovely. Dave provided us with a great restaurant recommendation and called in the reservation for us; and it was one of the best meals I have had in a very long time (Cheeky Monkey)!! We stayed in a different room this year but like last year loved it just the same. We chose one on the third floor (Seashell room) with a bathroom. The room was very cozy and what a wonderful cross breeze, I don't think we turned on the AC. Our room was very clean and the linens etc were just what they needed to be. The room was decorated very cute with nick nacks and yes many 'seashells'!!
I think their breakfasts are outstanding!! We stayed three nights with them and had three very tasty and filling breakfasts. The eggs florentine were delicious but hands down the Coconut Almond french toast was the winner for the weekend!!
I would without hesitation stay at the Blueberry Cove next year also. There is no reason to look elsewhere as far as I am concerned. Oh, and the rates are so reasonable!!!
Thank you for opening your home to us!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Blueberry Cove Inn? Share your experiences!