“Perfect!”
Review of Stone's Throw Inn

Stone's Throw Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Stone's Throw Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This review is shamefully over due, but my husband and I stayed at the Stones Throw Inn during Labor Day weekend in 2011 and it was fantastic! It was our first anniversary and my husband happened to be in a wedding at the Towers that Saturday so we decided to make a nice long weekend out of it, staying 2 nights. We could not have been happier! This was our first time staying at a B&B so I was a little nervous about it, but we couldn't have made a better choice! Pam and Dennis, who run the B&B are kindest and most accommodating people I think I've ever met. They really define "hospitality".
The B&B is a gorgeous old Victorian located on a lovely little street just 2 blocks from the water and the downtown area. It was so close to everything we needed/wanted that using the car was totally unnecessary. We also took a nice afternoon into Newport which is just 20 minutes away.
The B&B itself is very clean and neat. We stayed in the single room which was definitely more spacious than I expected. It had a king size bed, loveseat, good sized bathroom, flat screen TV, mini fridge, and AC--just perfect for what we wanted. As part of their superior hospitality, Pam prepares a delicious homemade breakfast in their lovely little dining room. The breakfast is huge and varied with everything from fruit and yogurt to French toast and bacon. It is absolutely delicious!
This was our first time in Narragansett and we fell in love with the whole place, and I’m positive a lot of that had to do with our great experience at Stones Throw Inn! We hope to return to Narragansett for long weekends in the future and there is no question where we will be staying!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KRLM7

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at the Stone's Throw Inn before the inaugural Gansett Marathon. Dennis and Pam were very conscientious about the needs of a marathoner and that of my supporting spouse. The room was so cozy it allowed me to get a deep restful night before the race. At the break of dawn, Pam provided me a special --trade secret-- runner's pre-race coffee and carbos to get me through the race with energy to spare. For my supporting wife, Pam packed a togo breakfast with breads and pastries to snack on when she wasn't cheering. Their private bath rejuvenated me after the race, I could have run Boston two days later if I had wanted. However, one need not run for three hours to appreciate the pampering of the Stone Throw; in the future, I may forgo racing and just enjoy a weekend of pampering.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Stones Throw along with a few friends for my sister's wedding in Narragansett. We had the entire third floor, which has two bedrooms that have two single/double beds and one bedroom with a queen size bed. The third floor also has a kitchen, living room and large bathroom which gave us an enormous amount of space - perfect for a group! The bedding was luxurious and the rooms were cleaned impeccably each day. The two innkeepers, Pam and Dennis, were very friendly and catered to our later breakfast time requests. Breakfast was some of the best I've ever had, with decadent french toast, eggs made to order fresh from the chickens in the backyard and different freshly baked muffins/breads each day. The beach is about a 10 minute walk away from the inn and there are many restaurants/shops just around the corner. Only things to consider - size of the inn limits privacy to some extent and bring your own shampoo and conditioner. I would highly recommend The Stone's Throw to anyone looking for a beautiful stay in Narragansett.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is a great space for a group that wants private common space to share
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in a wonderful family room and with a lovely family as neighbours, which was nice for our teenager kids too.
Pam and Dennis are wonderful and lovely people. Her breakfast is amazing and abundant and she changes sheets every day! The house itself is wonderful and we loved the porch of this typical American house. I could go on with positive remarks ...

If we weren't from Europe, we would go back very often!

Thanks Pam & Dennis.

You'll enjoy your stay there, that's for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pascale G
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our family, parents and two teens, stayed for five days at the end of July and we had the third floor of the house. Much better than pictured on the website, several bedrooms, living room and full kitchen. Beds and couches so comfy you do not want to go out. Pam and Dennis were absolutely wonderful hosts; the breakfasts Pam makes are fantastic. The house is over 100 years old and nicely restored. How great to get to stay in one of these traditional summer cottages in Narragansett. Close to the beach and restaurants. Large wrap around porch with lots of chairs and ping pong table. More chairs, boards and umbrellas for the beach available.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family, which includes a 16 month toddler, recently stayed at the Stones Throw and could not have been happier with our stay. The location was perfect, just a short walk from the beaches and all that Narragansett has to offer. In spite of this, it was on a very quiet, tree-lined street. What really stands out is how accomodating Dennis and Pam were for the entire week we were there. The food was fabulous but we really appreciated all the personal touches. Examples of this were asking what our little one likes to eat prior to the trip. One night we elected to eat on the porch and were provided with napkins and flatware. We really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cj_fab4_fan
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in the Daydream Suite for a long weekend, and found the setup to be ideal for a family vacation. With two rooms flanking a large living room and the bathroom in between, it gave us privacy and space at the same time. The half frig in the room was helpful for storing leftovers from local restaurants, and we liked that we could get to the ocean without having to drive. Narragansett is a close enough drive to Newport and Jamestown, so if the weather is inclement, there is always something to do. Everything was spotless, and yes, while the bathroom had an older style tub, we didn't find it to be a problem at all. Breakfast was truly abundant, with fresh fruit, baked goods, and a main course. Even the biggest eater in our family left well satisfied! Pam and Dennis were exceptionally friendly hosts and very helpful with tourist information. Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family