“Overpriced, absolutely filthy”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overpriced, absolutely filthy”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

$120+ for a room with two double beds that overlooked a seagull dropping-infested parking lot.

The place was unspeakably dirty - construction equipment left lying around (there was a discarded water heater just sitting at the top of one stair well), dust caked on heaters and vents, flying insects in the rooms, filthy windows, out of order vending machines.

The only way they can get away with operating a place like this is because it's so close to the ferry.

I've never been so grossed out and so ripped off by a hotel before in my life.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eisbaer57
LighthouseinnGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I regret you did not feel you got good value for your stay. Seagulls are a reality of our location and while I agree seagull droppings are not fun to look at we try to be as upfront as possible about it. As we had opened only a few days prior I apologize that we had still some evidence of that around the facility and were still working to get our ice machines operational. We are an older seasonal hotel but our location and facilities do offer benefits that other hotels in the area can't offer and our prices are among the lowest so I do think we have a lot to offer in value.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
berkshire county
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Well first off the hotel is very dirty!!! We had hair all over the floor in the bathroom and on our sink. The beadspeads have to be at least 10 years old all fryed and just not so good looking. The seagull poop is EVERYWERE! but not there fault i get that. Well the pool was sapposed to close at 10 and I was woken up at 10:30 by a bunch of roudy guys in the pool rite outside my room. ANNOYING.. I finally went to the front desk at 12:30 to complain because I had my 6 mth old son who had been woken up by all the screaming and he wouldn't go back to sleep they did tell them they needed to get out but it took the guys about 15 min to move it along and they were poring beers in the pool while leaving. Finally they left but our clock alarm started going off and everytime I would shut it off it would go off again. again ANNOYING!!! Then in the morning the room next door to us had there alarm set for 6 am and they were to drunk to get up so we had to listen to there alarm going off for an hour. Needless to say we didn't stay our second night we packed up first thing and went home. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank willa12

Travelers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

New london
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I have stayed there the past three years for a company fishing trip. I have always enjoyed my stays and look forward to staying again this May.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank radissonnewlondgm
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Needed a hotel to stay one night as we had an early morning ferry and were traveling from out of state. The hotel website touted a recent renovation and sounded perfect. Rates were reasonable and location could not be better.

Upon arrival we were given a parking pass to keep our car while we were on the Island, a great perk. Or so we thought. Upon return from the island, our car was covered with debris from the seagulls. The seagulls have taken over the parking lot, in fact they are very noisy first thing in the morning so do not plan to sleep much past sunrise, if you can get to sleep at all. To be fair, the hotel is up front about the seagulls and we decided to take the chance.

The room, bathroom and pool were very dirty. We were nervous to sleep in the bed and considered sleeping in the car. It was that bad. Bugs scurried when the lights were turned on and the pool was so dirty we chose not to swim.

The hotel staff was very nice and tried to clean the room for us, the woman who was helping us said she was looking for soap for a week? We gave her an A for effort, she was trying.

It is a convenient location and to us that was all it had going for it. Definitely not a place to stay for more than one night.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank globetreck07
LighthouseinnGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
I am sorry to hear about your experience last fall at the hotel. Seagulls do keep a presence around the hotel given our close proximity to the beach. I am surprised by the noise concerns. We do have many interior rooms which offer some separation from any noise the birds may make. We have been working hard this spring to ensure a clean and comfortable facility and I invite anyone considering making a reservation to visit us and decide for yourself.
Rhode Island
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed for a wedding and had a very enjoyable stay. The indoor pool was great. I had left an item behind and called the hotel a few weeks later. They had closed for the season but I was able to leave a voice mail and was surprised my call was responded to the same day and the manager was able to ship me my item back. The pillows are very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mpppp50
Glad you enjoyed your stay and happy to assist.
New England
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed here on a weekend vacation. We wanted someplace close to the Block Island ferry and it is. When we checked into the room, the bathroom light would not fully light. We called down to the front desk to report it. The answer we received was that they were aware that the light didn't work, they changed the bulb, but that it did not work and that it must be the wires. That was so comforting to hear...bad wires. We were offered a reduced rate. The seagull problem is noticable and unpleasant, but the inn is next to a large fishing dock. What are you going to do?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NewEnglandRooney
BradleyCraig, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, October 15, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We regret we placed you in a room with an ongoing problem that had not yet been resolved. I am glad we provided compensation for the error. An electician was able to resolve the problem. There was never anything dangerous about the situation.
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I traveled to the area for a wedding. Most of the town was sold out, but not this place. Now i know why. The parking lot was covered in seagull feces and feathers. I gaged everytime I had to go to the car. Thats just the outside.

Room smelled bad, hadnt been updated in years. Different rooms got different tv stations, a bit odd. Bathroom had hair and what looked like mouse feces all over the floor behind the door. Gross. $300 for 2 nights!!!

Dont book here until TPG invests some money into this property.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kenblo
BradleyCraig, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. Sorry you were not happy with the room. The seagulls do leave reminders of their presence. We do not have rodents or rodent droppings on the premises. Anyone that is considering staying at the hotel is welcome to come by and check out our rooms and facilities. We are open till November 7th.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!