My boyfriend & I stayed here over Columbus Day weekend. We chose it for location to Newport & Block Island. I have to admit I was a little worried after reading the reviews. It turned out to be a decent place to stay. The rooms were dated but clean. Not spotless but not scary. Beds were comfortable and we had clean towels & toiletries. The pool was very nice & very warm. There was some garbage in a barrel near the pool area that could have been emptied but as it was the end of the season there seemed to be only 2 people working there. I would recommend to management to have Dunkin Donuts lease your empty restaurant as there are zero breakfast places in the area and with all the Ferry traffic & people parking at the hotel, it would be a very successful venture. There is seagull poop (some people freaked out about that) but the hotel is directly across the street from the harbor where the seagulls live so you get the good with the bad. I would imagine it would be busier in the summer but a great place for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from the Block Island Ferry, Lighthouse Inn of Galilee is a fun, casual beach hotel situated in the authentic fishing village of Galilee, RI. It is the perfect location to relax and enjoy southern Rhode Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Lighthouse Inn of Galilee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Inn Of Galilee Hotel Narragansett
- Lighthouse Hotel Narragansett
- Lighthouse Hotel Of Galilee