“Great resturant and exceptional service by Hannah”

George's of Galilee
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Overlooking the Block Island Sound in the picturesque fishing port of Galilee, George's of Galilee Waterfront Seafood Restaurant has been serving generations of families its award winning signature dishes since 1948. We offer the widest selection of fresh local boat-to-plate seafood, a new sushi menu, lobster specials, as well as fresh hand-cut rib eye steaks. Choose from five different dining rooms on two floors, al fresco dining, and our takeout window, all with spectacular RI waterfront views. Check for live entertainment and special events on our covered deck. Be sure to visit our gift shop and Nana's Ice Cream & Gelato and Nana's Candy Bar.
Worcester, U.S. Virgin Islands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great resturant and exceptional service by Hannah”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Absolutely love George's, have been going there for 20 years. Have always enjoyed the food, drinks and atmosphere. Our recent visit was very pleasurable with having Hannah as our waitress, she was so in tuned to our dining style, it was uncanny ! She was there at the right moment for our drink orders, but yet had no pressure on us for our laid back food order, even in a crowded restaurant. Hannah turned a normally A dining experience, into an A+ experience !! She was also so sweet to add a Happy Birthday note to my husband on our tab, she was just a great pleasure to have serving us.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Massachusetts
“Great view and Good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We dined outside Aug 10 2014. They have take out and dine in. Make sure you put your name in, it was over an hour wait. THEY SHOULD HAVE A PAGING SYSTEM. We wanted to walk around but could not go far due to not wanting to loose our place. Food was good. Fried clams were good. Could have been bigger. They did have homemade tartar sauce. Waiter was very nice. Atmosphere was great. Reasonably priced. They do have two types of chowder. RI style and Dill. We were able to taste each one to decide. Both were good. The dill was comparable to NE Chowdah. Def worth checking out.

newtown
“I have loved this place forever”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food here is consistently good and who can beat an ocean view - I have never had a bad meal here in the last 35 plus years. This is always a good recommendation for anyone in the RI Galilee area,

• Visited July 2014
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Great waitress ~ Hilary A.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

While my dinner wasn't the greatest, baked stuffed shrimp not hot out of the oven & garlic mashed potatoes that didn't have much flavor, our waitress was great! My husband & I had 4 teens/pre-teens with us and Hilary was very attentive and had a very upbeat personality!

• Visited August 2014
“A+ across the board... especially Dotty”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My visit to George's of Galilee was an absolute pleasure. I had the Garden Burger which was listed on the specials and our wonderful server Dotty let me build my own during the busiest time of the night (thankfully because I'm very picky and also vegetarian). She was extremely accommodating to my mother's annoying allergies and even more annoying personality. The food was excellent according to every guest in our four-person party, Dotty recommended the perfect wine based off of my desired description, and she never skipped a beat when we needed something small. The atmosphere was genuinely homey and comfortable and the establishment was very clean. Even the hosts and other servers were helpful and kind. I would absolutely recommend George's to anyone in the area and even to some that would be willing to make the trip for such a pleasant dining experience. If you do happen to stop in and are craving a good laugh and excellent service, request miss Dotty and enjoy your meal... I'm sure you will!