“Great Food and Good Times”

George's of Galilee
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Overlooking the Block Island Sound in the picturesque fishing port of Galilee, George's of Galilee Waterfront Seafood Restaurant has been serving generations of families its award winning signature dishes since 1948. We offer the widest selection of fresh local boat-to-plate seafood, a new sushi menu, lobster specials, as well as fresh hand-cut rib eye steaks. Choose from five different dining rooms on two floors, al fresco dining, and our takeout window, all with spectacular RI waterfront views. Check for live entertainment and special events on our covered deck. Be sure to visit our gift shop and Nana's Ice Cream & Gelato and Nana's Candy Bar.
Albany, NY
“Great Food and Good Times”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was most excellent! We sat upstairs on the patio and had great views of the sun setting. Although service was really good; it was slow. It felt like we waited for long periods during each course.
The restaurant is very casual upstairs. They have a dining room located downstairs that offers a slightly different menu and from what I saw, people were a little more dressed up than upstairs. But still in a casual setting.
Overall, I definitely would go back.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Livermore, California
“Sadly, disappointing...”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I don't like to leave unfavorable reviews but I feel I have to tell you....I grew up in RI, went to URI but we have moved to the West Coast and were in RI visiting. We went to George's on a week night. We waited for about 45 minutes for a table. Ordered kids meals and clam cakes when we sat down. The clam cakes came 45 minutes later and they were burnt and cold.... We were looking forward to a hot clam cake and a cold beer but we go tcold clam cakes and a cold meal. We should have gone to Aunt Carries or Champlains...I sure that would have been better.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Trying to be fancier than they can quite manage”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place is trying too hard to be upscale and serve elegant food. It was okay, but didn't fulfill their pretensions. They would do better to go plain and simple with their seafood. We had to wait for at least 20 minutes for a table, then the service was slow and a bit awkward.

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Great Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Food was good and very plentiful, nobody could finish their meal. Nice place to watch the ferry come into port.

Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“GREAT STAFF”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This summer I have been to George's 2x from CT. It is a little slice of heaven on the beach. The staff is accommodating, especially manager Cindy, bartender Ellen and hostess Meghan is cute as a button. Cindy both times was full of smiles and good recommendations for food.
The live music is extrodinary......I bought a CD from Charlie Scopoletti Music that I haven't taken out of my car. So talented.

• Visited July 2013