“Great Experience”

Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Overlooking the Block Island Sound in the picturesque fishing port of Galilee, George's of Galilee Waterfront Seafood Restaurant has been serving generations of families its award winning signature dishes since 1948. We offer the widest selection of fresh local boat-to-plate seafood, a new sushi menu, lobster specials, as well as fresh hand-cut rib eye steaks. Choose from five different dining rooms on two floors, al fresco dining, and our takeout window, all with spectacular RI waterfront views. Check for live entertainment and special events on our covered deck. Be sure to visit our gift shop and Nana's Ice Cream & Gelato and Nana's Candy Bar.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Me and my husband went to George's last week for our anniversary. Outstanding service, food and value. I've had best pasta dish ever, i believe it called lobster alfredo. My husband had a local bluefish with pico de gallo, which was just as good. Thank u so much for an amazing experience and a great time. We will be back soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been a South County Native for many, many years. I've always enjoyed eating at Georges, but a lot of new and wonderful items have been added to the menu recently, including sushi. We save our date nights for places that we really want to be wowed by and Georges has never disappointed us. Our wait staff was pleasant and very attentive, even when the place was packed. A note of mention to Cindy, who I believe is a manager. Her vast knowledge and bubbly personality will keep us coming back for a long time! Bravo Georges!

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

than enjoying a great seafood meal with an amazing view and great friends. Went to George's last night with a few friends for a small get together. We ordered some fruity drinks and a bunch of apps (Clam Cakes - of course, Calamari - Sauteed and Fried, Mozzarella Sticks, and Portuguese clams - which I found out is a specialty of George's and let me just say WOW - so good!!! A few of my friends were from Narragansett and were visiting and were so impressed at how the food is always so fresh and tasty. The staff is super nice, Cindy came around and asked us how we were doing and if we were enjoying our meal - we all nodded to her a yes, as our mouths were full of food lol. The duet that was playing on the outdoor deck were wonderful - played great music - so much fun!! Can't wait to go again!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

George's serves a range of seafood from the area. We've eaten there several times and always enjoyed it. I've enjoyed a lobster, scallops, clams, ... I particularly like the RI-style chowder, which is mostly clams, clam juice, and potatoes. No cream or tomatoes.

Service was friendly without being pushy. The atmosphere is casual. It wasn't noisy in the main dining room.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The seafood was very fresh and prepared to order. Plenty of lobster in the lobster roll. We ordered it hot instead of the menu option and it could have used more butter. The pasta with lobster and asparagus was large enough to share if you are having appetizers. There was an abundance of lobster and the pasta was cooked el dente. If you are hungry, go for it. It did look too heavy for me on such a hot day. The pan seared scallops were delicious as was the baked scrod and scallops. The fish tacos were fresh but not very flavorful. The veggies were fresh and not overcooked. The blue point oysters were excellent and the steamers were very good. The RI chowder was tasty, but you must like that style which is not thick and creamy. The Point Judith calamari is not crispy enough and the peppers taste of too much vinegar. They were out of one of the soups at 1:15pm which was a big disappointment. We sat near the bar that was not as cool as other areas and the music was too loud. The bartender was much more interested in other staff than the customers. Our server was attentive and helpful but most of the staff we observed appeared to be "done with the summer crowd". Unfortunately the season is only half over. Go for the food, but not the atmosphere and experience.