“Fantastic find!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boon Street
Transit: Bus stop is in front of Restaurant.
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I cannot believe it took so long to actually try Basil's. I have been driving by for years and never paid any attention until I started looking at reviews on Trip Advisor and Open Table for restaurants near me. It is truly a neighborhood gem. It is a very small restaurant (about 15 tables) and very cozy and intimate. There is also a downstairs which they use on weekends or when busy that looks equally beautiful. Lauren, our server was perfect in every way. She knew the right moments to come to the table, was unobtrusive, friendly and knowledgable. The food, the glorious food, was presented beautifully. Wiener Schnitzel was the best I have ever had. The veal was so tender you could cut it with the fork and yet had a perfect crust. The broccolini was tender crisp. My husband had Dutch beef which he enjoyed. The cream of mushroom soup was outstanding in a thinner broth than usual. Hot rolls and salads on chilled plates were another nice touch. Flourless chocolate torte and the most delicious chocolate mousse ended our meal. It was our anniversary and Lauren brought our dessert with a candle and wished us well. Compliments to the chef/owners for making our night one of the most memorable in a long time. We will return as well as tell everyone what a great little place this is.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went back to Narragansett last week and had our best meal of the week at Basil's as usual. Stared with Seafood bisque awesome and my wife raved about her salad. I had the Veal Oscar perfectly prepared with Crab, Asparagus, and homemade Bearnaise Sauce. My wife had the sole Pariesien incredibly delicious and for dessert Chocolate Mousse the best. Why go to a shoreline Restaurant where the cooks are mostly teenagers, when you can go to Basil's and have a master chef prepare your meal

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We heard good things about Basils before we went. It was the perfect, romantic place to celebrate our anniversary. Very cozy inside, but surprisingly quiet. Great atmosphere. Great service. Our entrees had great presentation and tasted great. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went to this lovely cozy restaurant in Narragansett RI. Best waiter ever - Thanks Brett, nothing better to having a knowledgeable person guiding you through the many choices! Started with the Escargots Bourguignonne - buttery & garlic as you would expect - had a bite of soft shell crab - yummy - also shared Oysters Rockefeller (first time - just okay for me - probably not a good person to comment on). Main Entree Duck a l’Orange was told best I would ever eat - not sure about that - it was good - not jumping up and down for - but good. Had French Chocolate Mousse- "Parisian Style" delicious! Brett suggested wine - Can't remember name (sorry) but was excellent!

1  Thank SaltyDog54
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Vassilios Kourakis has been preparing consistently excellent food since he first opened around 30 years ago. The duck a l'orange is always outstanding, but so are the veal dishes, the fish, etc, etc. There is an excellent wine list. And while there are several desserts and specialty coffee drinks, the chocolate mousse is especially wonderful. If you are interested in serious dining in the Narragansett area, this restaurant should not be missed.