“Fine dining perfected!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boon Street
Transit: Bus stop is in front of Restaurant.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a must go to when in Narragansett! We sat downstairs on the Wednesday night before 4th of July. It was busy but our waitress was but attentive and personable.

Our drinks came very quickly and we were impressed that our Martinis came accompanied by a "side car"

As far as appetizers go, the Escargot are a MUST get! Use the extra bread for dipping in the escargot butter. The stuffed artichokes were delicious and clearly homemade.

My husband had the Swordfish special which was delicious. I order scallops almost everywhere we frequent and these were easily the best I've ever had - seared and flavored perfectly.

Extensive wine list, great service and a lovely ambiance. Making this a tradition for our yearly Rhode Island visits!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

After seeing this place for the first year of living in the area we finally gave it a try. Honestly, the location in a strip mall with a surf shop, deli and coffee shop next door made me skeptical as to how good a place this could be and was the major reason we had never gave it a shot earlier. Boy was I wrong. The food and service made this one of the best restaurants meals my wife and I have ever shared. We had a reservation and were immediately greeted by name as soon as we walked in the door. The decor is a little dark, with old school wallpaper that screams 1970s steak house...but it works. The service was excellent. The entire staff was very friendly and attentive. Our waiter made several entree recommendations which were right on the mark. I tried their specialty, the Duck a l'Orange - it was terrific. My wife had the Steak Diane; that, too, was prepared perfectly. Dessert was a flour-less chocolate tort - very good. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic evening with excellent food and service I highly recommend Basil's

Reviewed May 11, 2013

traditional french restaurant with black-tie service.
food is great. service is a oustanding. ambience is very romantic.
don't let the strip mall facade fool you

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We wanted a large stuffed lobster during our recent stay in RI. I called 4 places known for lobster. Only Basil followed through. he found one and cooked it perfectly.
His restaurant is like a small French bistro, so you dress and act accordingly. The owner came out several times and made his way to every table to insure everything was perfect. From what I saw and heard everyone was happy.

We bought a home in the area and this place will be our regular Saturday night out!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Basil's is a really lovely and fine restaurant that is worth going to. The food was excellent - fresh ingredients and very well prepared. There is an excellent wine list, though when we were there a number of wines were no longer available. (The server offered thoughtful alternatives though.) Appetizers were excellent and varied, and the entrees were equally good. I had the duck and all of us agreed that was the best of the entrees (it was really great). Portions are large. Parking is easy, and the service excellent. We got to meet and talk with the owner, and he was charming and clearly is very proud of his restaurant.