“Great food and service”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boon Street
Transit: Bus stop is in front of Restaurant.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The entree and desserts were fabulous and the waiter was ver pleasant and knowledgeable. We'd go back.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was surprised to find a French Restaurant in Narragansett. Looking at the menu online and seeing Duck Orange at the top was a shocker. But I am thankful that I stumbled upon this place.

I started out with a nice Salmon Fume, with enough Salmon to go back into a fish. But it was good, fresh, and not fishy either. I then got a simple House Salad, followed by Coq au Vin (which I hadn't had in a long time). It was good, but sorry; they don't actually use Rooster when cooking this dish. We live in America.

I was so full from this food I couldn't even have a desert. I'm sure it would have been good nevertheless. Service was good, no complaints, the ambiance was nice as well (considering I was in the lower level of the restaurant).

I have to say, it was well cooked french food, not very very expensive, but remember, you won't be transported to France when eating here.

I would recommend you go here; there's nothing to miss.

1  Thank Sebastian M
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to get reservations at Basil's for our anniversary dinner while vacationing in Narragansett. The restaurant is small (only seats about 25 in the main dining room), but this only adds to the ambience - you will feel like you've been transported to a cafe in France! The waitstaff offered top notch service. Each course was incredible - beautifully plated and meticulously prepared. It was obvious the chef takes great pride in each individual dish that leaves the kitchen. Our meals began with warm rolls and butter, followed by wonderful salads with house-made dressing. We both felt our entrees were some of the best meals we've ever ordered out (I got the beef stroganoff, and my husband got the Steak Diane). After being blown away by the main meal, we couldn't say no to the desserts: cheesecake, and flourless chocolate cake - both were to die for, with fresh fruit and drizzled with amazing berry sauces. Your search is over if you are looking for a place to celebrate a special milestone or a romantic dinner. Definitely worth making reservations ahead of time, as this is not your run of the mill chain restaurant where you'd wait outside for a table. You'll be given the time to relax and enjoy your meal, so plan to do so!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Nicely decorated dining area with comfortable bar area downstairs. Delicious meals, individually prepared to your taste.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

the food was amazing. i rarely have french food since i am lactose intolerant. the server helped me find a nice entree w/o the dairy. we wil lbe back.