“Great Service But Agreed with One of the Reviewer”

Aunt Carrie's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Great Service But Agreed with One of the Reviewer”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Curiosity killed the cat. My spouse was craving for seafood because we're New Yorkers in Manhattan. The reason we went to Aunt Carrie's on Labor Day because Guy Fieri was there although I don't see his picture. We followed most of the restaurants he's been to in Manhattan (NYC), Boston and Rhode Island. I had the seafood platter and in my opinion, I think I tasted better but it's satisfactory. I must give credit for the excellent service. The waitress is very quick and courteous. When one waitress accidentally spilled something on the floor, they worked as a team to clean it up. The Indian pudding for dessert tasted a little strange to me but we got a coupon for the ice cream across the street and it made up for the dessert.

• Visited September 2014
1 Thank takchi

Cheshire, Connecticut
“Average”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We waited 35 minutes for a table so were pretty hungry. The clam fritters - what they are famous for?... couldn't find a single clam inside. fish and chips- fish was fresh, batter was thin and too salty. Not worth the wait. I grew up on the cape- used to great restuarants. This did not make the cut.

Massachusetts, United States
“One time was enough”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

After hearing about Aunt Carrie's on both Phantom Gourmet and Diners, Drive in and Dives, my family and I decided to make a day of it - going to the beach and dinner at Aunt Carries. We got there and there was a wait (not a big deal - it was a Saturday night), but when we gave our name to the hostess and when we asked how long, she goes that they don't give out times.

The Clam Cakes were good. Nothing to run back to about. The rest of the meal though was disappointing. The chowder (which we did not taste) looked very watery. My husband got fish and chips. The fries were horrible, and the fish was worse. We had already sent back our son's clam strips and fries, which tasted old. The grilled cheese that came back was better, and his fries were better.

1 Thank Robin D
Meriden, Connecticut
“Very over rated”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is my second time giving them a try. Again, I was not impressed. Both times we went (June & August) staff was confused and messed up our order. Food was average and nothing to wrote home about. We actually only went again in August because we were given a gift card. The one thing I did find very good was their homemade key lime pie. The famous clam cakes had very little seafood inside. Would not return again. Champlins is much much better for your seafood needs.

Visited August 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Overpriced Tourist Trap”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I wanted to check out Aunt Carrie's since I heard it was really good!!
I must say I was totally disappointed!!
I had the clam shore dinner which included a cup of chowder, belly clams, mashed potatoes, coleslaw & dessert.
The clam chowder was lackluster, not enough clams, potatoes etc. The dinner itself was a joke, the portion of belly clams was a handful and they were overcooked.
Lastly, I took my dessert home, Chocolate Creme Pie, whoever made the crust should go back to cooking school or buy pre-made pie dough, it was hard and it did not look cooked.
Why would you spend good money to have a totally lackluster meal, so don't!!!

Go across the street to Iggy's or go to George's of Gallilee, you will get much better food.

1 Thank souschefMarlboro_MA