“$8 Bloody Mary without the Vodka” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 90 Restaurants in Narragansett
Dining options: Drinks
Dining options: Drinks
Rhode Island
“$8 Bloody Mary without the Vodka”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

We live locally and stopped by the Bon Vue for lunch on Memorial Day. I had dined there in the past, about 3 years ago, and had a good experience. This time however, I simply felt cheated by an inattentive staff that most likely thought they were waiting on tourists (instead of local patrons) due to the holiday. We couldn't get a lemon upon request for a basic glass of water. I also had to special request a lemon that should have arrived with my fish and chips. Additionally, we received Bloody Mary's at the table (requested with Grey Goose) to basically end up with an $8.00 tomato juice that didn't even come with a celery stalk. Times are too tough to not even get a decent drink upon ordering! The fish and chips were good, but well over-priced for "the upcoming summer season." Honestly, I wouldn't go back as a resident of Narragansett. Hopefully, not too many tourists are drawn in by the allure of a back deck that overlooks the water (it's beautiful), however, if they receive the same attention we did, our nice little town by the sea will leave a bad taste in their visiting mouths. There are many great restaurants in Narragansett; this is not one of them. I support our local merchants, but not this one again.

2 Thank DaveEB310