“Excellent food and beautiful views!”
Review of Coast Guard House

Coast Guard House
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Guard House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Spectacular waterfront dining overlooking Narragansett Bay. Offering an array of creative cuisine; supporting all aspects of sustainable agriculture and aquaculture. We use local farms when possible and source produce for quality and sustainability. Our seafood is sourced from purveyors that are dedicated to locating species from areas that produce the best tasting and highest quality seafood available.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Coast Guard House is an excellent place to dine! I would recommend the calimari and scallops - both were delicious and both were recommended by my wonderful waiter. I also talked to a couple who thoroughly enjoyed their lobster ravioli. The dining area looks out over a gorgeous view of the ocean. I was lucky enough to be able to watch the harvest moon rise over the water during my meal. I highly recommend this restaurant, the staff knows their food, you won't be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Coast Guard House

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had out of town visitors coming to visit our recent move to the area, and we decided to have dinner at the Coast Guard House. We made reservations very easily on opentable.com and even received a reminder as the event arrived. We were seated immediately upon arriving at our reservation time and the view was Fantastic! We were seated at a table right next to these very large windows that looked directly out into the bay. It was a little foggy and rainy but the view was still very nice. Our server was great and we could not have asked for more. We ordered a bottle of the Washington State Riesling (named Kung Fu Girl) and it was perfect for the seafood dishes we shared. All of the courses and dinner were spaced just right where we were not rushing to finish a course before moving onto the next. The portions were very large and we were very satisfied with the overall experience. Our guests were just as impressed and has already mentioned coming back for another meal during their next visit. We would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a restaurant with a view and excellent service.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great location for drinks and just relaxing on the deck, or inside late night having a drink. Touristy, usually crowded. I practically lived in here when I went to URI and it's a quieter crowd now inside. Having had Sunday bruch numerous times, and lunch and dinner, I can only say mediocre food and pretty good service. Nothing stands out as being a great dish, but nothing is horrible either. Just enjoy the ambiance and then find a better place for lunch or dinner like the Shelter Harbor Inn where you know the food will be better.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived in Kingston Rhode Island late and tired after an all-day drive and without dinner reservations. Dinner at this restaurant was perfect in every way! The outside lights shinning on the surf below the window provided a spectacular entrance to our table. The wine list and the food was outstanding. The heirloom tomato salad with feta cheese was the best I have ever had. Service was great. I can't say enough positive about this restaurant.

1  Thank bobbara
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were a party of nine at an early seating with perhaps half of our group requesting variations on what was being offered on the menu. Our server was very helpful in guiding our party on what might be possible alternatives and gladly took our requests to the kitchen, who accommodated our every request. Everyone was pleased with the results. I was especially happy with the eclectic wine selection.