“Lunch by the sea”
Review of Coast Guard House

Coast Guard House
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Guard House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Spectacular waterfront dining overlooking Narragansett Bay. Offering an array of creative cuisine; supporting all aspects of sustainable agriculture and aquaculture. We use local farms when possible and source produce for quality and sustainability. Our seafood is sourced from purveyors that are dedicated to locating species from areas that produce the best tasting and highest quality seafood available.
Hull, Massachusetts
“Lunch by the sea”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Elegant dining by the sea. The pear and goat cheese salad was a terrific light lunch. The little rock sculptures just outside the window were fun too.

New England
“Beautiful location, too crowded”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place is located just above Narragansett beach. It is right where the famous Towers are and has outside decks. We find it to be over crowded with many intoxicated partyers-not good for families. Menu is good, food is pretty good-overpriced for the portions. Long wait for food. Go down the street to Turtle Soup-also crowded but nicer atmosphere.

Boston, Massachusetts
“was rude to a cg member”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

so I am a member or the USCG and I went here unknowing it was a separate restaurant/identity. I was ignored from the hostess and several waitresses and when we were finally seated finally and asked for our order (with my child was not even given a kids menu) he was forced to share with us with lack of menu. I asked if this had any relation to the CG since I am a member and received a rude comment. I thought my question was legitimate since the name of the restaurant is the coast guard house. I would have been embarrassed if it was actually connected with the coast guard to be honest. So either they hire rude people all around or it was an off day (my contact with the hostess and waitresses. Apparently all they care about are the looks of the girls rather thank customer service. I will not go back. EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank katy s
CoastGuardHouse, Owner at Coast Guard House, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
The Coast Guard House would like to apologize for any rude behavior emulating from our staff. We encourage and train our staff to be welcoming and helpful. Our restaurant is an old life savings station and we would love to have another opportunity to take you around. Please contact me at the restaurant at your convenience.

We appreciate your service in the USCG!

Bob Leonard
Owner
Tucson, Arizona
“We will go again for lunch . . .”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had lunch at the Coast Guard House and sat upstairs under an umbrella on a beautiful day overlooking the water. The five of us were pleased with our meals. The clam and corn chowder was very good. Four of us had salads with salmon or chicken added. One of us had fish tacos. The food was very tasty, and in ample quantity. No complaints whatsoever. Service was fine, and we did not wait long for our meals. Prices were not out of line with summer resorts in high season. I guess the best description is that we will certainly consider returning there for lunch when we visit Narragansett in the future. I thought upstairs and outside would be a nice bar to sit at and have a cocktail with friends some sunny summer day.

• Visited August 2012
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Great view!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We sat outside so it was a more laid back setting, but the fish tacos were fabulous! The pomegranate margarita was good too :)