“A favorite of many, just not mine”

Spain of Narragansett
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Narragansett
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spain Restaurant is a full service Spanish gourmet restaurant located on scenic Ocean Road in Narragansett, RI. Spain is privately owned and family operated for last 30 years. Local South County favorite, Spain Restaurant offers fresh delicious meals with Mediterranean flair. Renowned offerings include traditional Spanish Paella, fresh seafood specials, cooked-to-order meats and hand crafted sangria. Spain is guided by commitment to excellence, fine food, locally sourced ingredients and first rate service. Recently renovated dining room offers intimate fine dining experience in a relaxed atmosphere. Seasonal courtyard offers first rate alfresco dining experience during summer and the elegant bar and private function room accomates many special festivities such as wedding rehearsals and reception, birthday celebration, anniversary, corporate outing or some other special events. Reservation is available online on our website. Gift Certificates are available to purchase online at anytime and in any denomination. Over the phone and in person purchases are available only during normal business hours.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My friends that I dined with are frequent visitors of this vacation community favorite,. I have heard rave reviews from them and when I posted pictures last year on my Facebook page many commented that it was a favorite of theirs as well. Perhaps it was that my expectations were so high that I was disappointed. However I felt that the restaurant was too large, ornately decorated and found the food very heavy. I would try it again to give it a better chance and hang with my besties that love it.(My actual visit was October 1, 2011)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Spain is a restaurant that serves a consistent, abundant meal at a moderate price. The focus is of course on a Spanish/Mediterranean food style, with good complementary wins selection. One house speciality is the paella; it is very good and will easily feed 2+ people (we share AND take home leftovers).

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food is always great with a large selection. The seafood and meats never disappoint. The service is the star of this place, they know what you need before you do! The atmosphere is nice, too.

1  Thank Kris91
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Wasnt sure about this place when we first got there but ended up we enjoyed it. We didnt have a reservation but were seated promptly. Childrens options were limited ....they were offered pasta with a tomato sauce but when we asked if they could have some grilled chicken with it, the staff were happy to provide it. The steaks were lovely as were the staff. They were very chatty once we had finished eating. The kids loved the desserts.

2  Thank fsmollett
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We visited Spain of Narragansett for dinner with our family. It was very busy, and we arrived without reservations. We sat in the bar area for a bit, but we were soon seated on the patio as we requested. My family does not hold back when ordering, so there was a variety of orders placed including wine and cocktails. There were no complaints as to the quantity, how the meals were prepared, or the drinks provided. I personally liked the restaurant called Turtle Soup better (farther north in Narragansett), but I enjoyed the food, and atmosphere here as well. The only odd observation is that we never had a specific waiter. We had a different face stopping by every few minutes. The service was very good, but I guess you just grab anybody walking by and they will take care of you. We would definitely consider returning for dinner to Spain of Narragansett when we are in the area again.

1  Thank STX_M3