“Great place for a long weekend family get-together”
other travelers have booked this property
Dining Area next to Kitchen Dining Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Dining Area next to Kitchen
Dining Area
Bdrm #1 1st Fl. (Queen Bed)
Bdrm #2 1st fl.  (Full & Twin with Trundle and 1/2 Bath)
Bdrm #3 2nd Fl. (Queen Bed)
Bdrm #3 (Queen Bed)
Bedroom #4 2nd Fl. (Full Bed)
Bdrm #5 2nd Fl (Full Bed)
Full Bath 2nd fl w/Washer Dryer
1st fl. full bath
1st floor full bath
Kitchen and Dining
Living Room view from TV
Living Room view from Kitchen
Living Room View from Bathroom
Patio/Deck with Grill view from front of House
Patio/Deck with grill view from back of house
Bird Sanctuary off the Gallilee Escape Route
Typical Sunset at Roger Wheeler Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Traveler7...
“Great place for a long weekend family get-together”
Reviewed September 18, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Our family was in Rhode Island for a wedding, and this Home by the Beaches of Narragansett, RI was more family-friendly than several nights crammed into hotel rooms (and cheaper, too!)
The kitchen was useful, for cooking up breakfast and lunch, though we tended to eat dinners out (Charlie O's, was a great place to eat close by the night we arrived, and the ChopHouse Grille in Wakefield, RI was also very good)
There was A/C throughout the home (window units on the second floor) that worked well while we were there. Overall, we were very comfortable and Henry was very responsive to any question we texted him while we were there.

Thanks for a great stay Henry! When we get a chance to return to RI, we will certainly look to stay here again!

Your age range 25-34
Cathy D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful home, great location.”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Our extended family spent a long weekend in this lovely home. You can tell that the owner takes pride in making improvements to his property and making sure his guests are provided for. The kitchen is stocked with spices and such, which means you don't have to buy every little thing at the grocery store. Paper products, soap, dishwashing tabs, etc. - all available for your use. I appreciate that, as I've been to other rentals where I've received one roll of toilet paper and enough detergent to do one load of dishes. Thank you, Henry!
The layout of the home is spacious and the furniture is contemporary and comfortable. Plenty of seating and space for all. And the large table on the deck is a great place for an outdoor meal or a quiet cup of coffee in the morning.
The house is located in a low-traffic neighborhood and the Roger W. Wheeler Beach is within walking distance, (but it would be a hike for young families). My grown sons took advantage of the walk our first day there, but after that we took the short drive to the Scarborough Beach, (where you only pay a parking fee per car), and the Narragansett Town Beach, (where there is an $8 fee per person for non-residents). Both beaches are excellent, but due to the cost difference, I think next time I would stick with the Scarborough Beach. Just be aware that they have no trash cans in the park. What you bring in, you have to take out. :)
The house has air conditioning throughout, including individual units in the rooms upstairs. If I were to bring one thing next time it would be a window fan. The A/C unit in the room we slept in on the second floor had a very loud fan. It would have been nice to be able put a small fan in the other window to circulate the cool night air.
Thank you again, Henry, for providing a lovely space to make some family memories in. I hope we will be able to return again soon!

Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for the review Kathy. Such kind words. :) We'd love to have you back any time. Stay in touch. Hope the rest of your summer was terrific.
Reviewed August 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Aug 14, 2017
Lisa,

It was a genuine pleasure having you. I really am thrilled to hear that you had such a good time. We all work very hard to have time for vacationing, so it is great when it all works out.

If you're ever interested in staying again, just contact me and we'll set it up together.

My best to you!

Mariafair...
“Perfect for laid back weekend away!”
Reviewed August 21, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I booked the house for a bachelorette weekend for 15 ladies who were coming from several states. We had more than enough room for the 8 cars in the driveway area. We mostly ate at the house and we all were able to pile into the kitchen for breakfast and lounge on the deck for dinner. The living room also was very comfy for chilling. The location was good for our events- one day at Roger Wheeler beach (walking distance) and one day in Newport (driving distance). If you are going to be a large party like us, I'd recommend bringing more fans for the upstairs (only the downstairs has AC) and bath towels. Definitely worth the stay! Henry is very responsive as well.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 14, 2016
Maria,

I didn't get a chance to thank you for the review. Contact me through cell phone if you want to stay again. I'm planning on adding a/c to upper floors too.

Fern C
“Perfect for our family vacation”
Reviewed August 20, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

There was air conditioning downstairs but we had a very hot 2 weeks and no air in the 3 upstairs bedrooms. The house was clean spaceous and comfortable other than that. Would definetly rent again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 14, 2016
Fern,

That's a very fair comment. I'm planning to add air conditioning to the upstairs rooms next year.

Emily K
“Left wanting nothing other than to be able to stay longer.”
Reviewed August 2, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My sister and I rented this house for a weekend as the location for a surprise party for our parents anniversary. It was fantastic because we were able to have a place for all of our family who travelled from far away able to stay in one location. There was plenty of room for all 10 of my aunts, uncles, and cousins to sleep comfortably. The open layout of the main level was perfect for our needs, but would be great for any type of entertainment or just hanging out together after a long day at the beach. The outside deck is a great space for grilling and having meals together. The yard is plenty big enough for the kids to play games. Henry is awesome and very accommodating! I would highly recommend this rental for large families or groups of friends who are looking for a nice beach getaway.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 2, 2016
Emily,

Thanks for the review. I'm really happy that your family enjoyed the house and the occasion. What a special thing to do for your parents. I'm certain they left feeling very proud of their children and the family structure that they've helped to build.

My neighbors thought you guys were have great fun. Thank for making your stay pleasant for them...and me :)

Weezyday
Providence, Rhode Island
“Henry saved the day!”
Reviewed August 1, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I am a fellow property owner with a summer rental property in Narragansett and had the nauseating problem of having overbooked my house (any property owners worst nightmare)! with a two day overlap of my tenants moving out and new tenants moving in. I spent hours on the phone trying to find a comparable property in Narragansett, during prime season, that would be willing to cover the Friday and Saturday I needed. Henry was so understanding and so accommodating to my plight. He saved my tenant's vacation and saved my reputation!
Henry.. I owe you one!

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Aug 2, 2016
It was my pleasure to help a fellow property owner. I'm certain you would do the same for someone else.

Thanks for the kind words.

Henry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing