“Great Outing for the Family for Kayaking and Beach time”

Narrow River Kayaks
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Narragansett
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have now kayaked at Narrow Rivers 3 times and everytime has been enjoyable. The river is calm and leads to a great small beach that is never really crowded. It is well worth doing a 4 hour kayak rental, get off at the beach and relax before heading back. Kayaking level is fairly easy for even children.

1  Thank hulabulie

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My friends and I had an awesome time on the sunrise tour. Ron, our guide, led us on our kayak tour and was very knowledgeable about the area. I highly recommend them if you are in the area!

1  Thank jam1c
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We usually rent kayaks once a year and go sown river to the beach. We always get at least one sit on top so we can ride the waves with the kayak (tipping over is half the fun). Need to time leaving and returning with tide or you will be paddling against the current. Great way to spend a summer day.

1  Thank Joseph Todd U
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Truly one of the best experiences I've ever had from an outfitter. I've yak fished in multiple states in both fresh and salt and have never had a better time! The staff put me in a great fishing kayak that was well suited for the area, speedy but stable enough to fight both the fish, currents, tide and traffic. It's an easy paddle out to the beach and beyond but the best fishing was right at the mouth. This was exactly as the staff said. Flounder, scup (porgy), black bass and bait fish were in abundance. Stripers and blues are around but none for me today (next time!). Talk to Jerry for tips and charters! Next time I'm going to go out with him!

1  Thank Wakkomad
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Pack a lunch with your Sweetheart for a romantic afternoon picnic or evening trip! You may want to get a solid reservation as we were told we didn’t need one for a tandem kayak only to get there and there were not any available. The staff was very accommodating, knowledgeable of the area and super friendly!! Don’t forget to read the board they have set up at the launch area. Even though we both are experienced kayakers, strong swimmers, and in good physical condition, the current at the entrance to Narraganset beach is far too strong for most folks to navigate. Beach your water-craft at the back of the beach with the others before you hit the narrow part or risk being whisked into the ocean. Not that that would be so bad but most would have to walk their craft back up the narrow river part in the water around the bend past the strong current! We got a canoe and paddled out. It was windy and there were children and others being blown into the marsh area in kayaks and some on paddle boards who couldn’t maneuver the waves and winds and gave up and beached on a sandbar nearby. Well, we had a blast and what a beautiful trek into nature!! We saw great white herons, egrets, and watched an osprey catch a fish and bring it to feed the babies in the nest! Navigate through the estuaries, watch the teen-agers jump from the bridge into the water and relax. We had so much fun and can’t wait to go back again! (Hopefully with our own kayaks next time)

3  Thank Lee B