“Surprisingly good food, next to the Dominos” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 90 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Fira, Greece
“Surprisingly good food, next to the Dominos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Unexpectedly fantastic dinners for a restaurant next to Domino's pizza. If I was just commenting on the meal and kitchen, this would be a 5-star review, however both service and ambiance were not at the 5-start level (maybe between 3 an 4 stars for these.) Now for the meals and drinks, you cannot go wrong with this restaurant if you are looking for good contemporary American cuisine. We had the White Sangria (they are known for this) and the White Pomegranate Mohitos for starters. Most excellent drinks, the fruit was fresh and deeply permeated the flavor of the drink. As an appetizer, we had the balsamic calamari. These had a crunchy coating, with the sweet/sour of reduced balsamic vinegar. We loved it. Along side this , we were served warm bread, with oil and roasted garlic. Our party of four, ate two baskets of bread. For entrees, we had: the Fillet Mignon with Bordelaise sauce - this was prepared to perfection and served with garlic mashed potatoes; the Sesame crusted tuna - this was also grilled to perfection (the medium will leave the very middle un-cooked, perfect!); the Hoisin salmon, flakey, but not dry, the Hoisin sauce added subtelty to this dish: and the local Black back flounder, served over mixed rice - very flavorful. After all of this, we unfortunately had no have room for the dessert menu, maybe next time. The kitchen staff cooked everything as we expected and the flavors were outstanding. The service was timely, just not remarkable. The bar was a bit slow. We will be back for more meals here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank PWHorstmann

ri
“Glad we went!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Based on other reviews, tried the Mariner Grille last night.
As soon as we walked in, we were greeted and welcomed. Ann was our waitress and provided friendly , helpful service. Lobster bisque was delicious as was our entrees. Creme brûlée was outstanding! Will definitely go back soon.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank kennysmom
RI
“Decent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife and kids for a quick dinner. My bread plate had a greasy film on it, somewhat of a turnoff. Lemongrass calamari was not good, no flavor. All the other meals were decent. Would go back, overall decent food for the price point.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Andrew B
Providence, RI
“Friendly service, friendly prices, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been going to Mariner Grille on and off for years. Truly, it is one of the friendliest places to go in South County. A warm welcome has always greeted me, followed by good service and quality good food. I do wish they had a broader dessert menu, which I seem to recall being more robust in the summer months. The atmosphere is vibrant, with restaurant goers happily talking and laughing. A great place for a family of all ages. The staff graciously accommodate small children all the way up to diners in their golden years.
this little gem of a restaurant is easy to forget about because it is tucked away in an obscure shopping plaza off of Route108.
Compared to some of the other spots in South County, I think this is the place where you will always feel like a local, and you can count on a consistent meal. And if by chance something isn't right, the manager is there to make it better. Those diners looking for a quiet, romantic setting might not enjoy the friendly, bustling atmosphere, but then again, one can ask for a more quiet table.
perhaps not the most elegant dining experience, but certainly the friendliest, and a good selection of entrees to choose from.

• Visited March 2013
Thank 26.2er
Rhode Island
“Returned after a bad experience almost 2 years ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

A couple of years ago, I had one of the worst meals here ever in South County (surprisingly, as we had dined other times before and those meals were at least average). That one fateful Saturday night, I had the toughest fattiest piece of Prime Rib ever, and a beer that was served about 3/4 full. I did call the manager next day to relate my experience as my wife didn't want me to say anything that particular night due to a close seating to other parties dining. Needless to say, we chose other venues in our area before I would attempt to go back. Well, we finally decided perhaps it was worth giving Mariner Grille another visit this holiday season. I have to say, that I'm glad we did. We had an excellent meal, and very attentive service. Our party of 3 shared the Hawaiian Pizza special as a starter, over the conventional apps and what a great choice. Best Hawaiian Pizza we have had anywhere with fresh red onions, and diced chunks of ham. The cheese was different and uniquely tasty. Our entrees consisted of the Pork Tenderloin Cherry Brandy demi-glaze special, a veal parmigiana, and their Salmon with a sweet chili. All were done to request, were ample, and delicious. We all tasted one another's entrees. We topped off the meal with a bottle of wine on special, and then wonderful cafe de luce cheesecake. Mariner Grille; nice job. You made us want to return. Once again we can recommend you as a gem in our own backyard.

• Visited December 2012