All reviews narragansett beach coast guard house room was clean and comfortable pleasant stay morning coffee crazy burger block island pt porch judith
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the proximity to the ocean and and Rhode Island beach’s fool you into booking a night at this dump! A $365 per night booking will get you a dingy non-smoking hotel entrance that is littered with cigarette butts, poor lite dirt-parking lot that doesn’t have enough spaces. A less than hospitable front desk clerk and a room that emits a stench that is a mix of stall cigarettes, urine and mold. Sadly we arrived to after 11:00 pm and when seeing the entrance way we questioned the cleanliness of the property. The clerk showed us the room and we expressed that it didn’t meet with our expectations ....his response was “it is what is take or leave!

We came back to the front desk and said we would not be staying and asked for a refund. We’re told Expedia had charged our account money & they would need to provide the refund. The Atlantic House lied!!!! They billed my credit card when we booked and they would not authorize a discount. Hours on a the phone between Expedia and the hotel left us $365.00 out of pocket and a 2 hour drive back home that evening. Trust me this hotel is not as advertised!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Z4670XPdebbiec
paulinarc2, ex-Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

I have wrote Tripadvisor I know longer am the manager at the Atlantic House so I am sorry your reviews are not getting answered yet. I left on June 20th, 2018 and hope to return next year. I (with my staff) worked hard to turn around all the negatives you are seeing and I will be sure to see that this is brought to the head in management to be sure this is fixed. It truly is a wonderful location and place and when people smoke over in the area across parking lot and toss those butts there it makes all the different. He will be sure to deal with your issues. Again, I am no longer the manager so I hope you understand that I just wanted to let you know I am sorry that it was not what I was making it and he hopefully will tighten the slack you found.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

My sister stays here every year so it was an easy choice for a quick weekend get away. The room was clean and the view and location was amazing. After night one, we were surprised to find out that the cleaning lady never came. No services at all. Not even fresh towels. Night 2 the hotel wreaked of marijuana. The refrigerator was barely cold. The front desk staff barely greeted you as you came and went and morning coffee was lukewarm. Will not stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank sueshier
Reviewed April 27, 2018

From the reviews I knew my family would have a pleasant stay, but we were blown away in a good way! It was all about the view!!!!!!!! Although a windy day which blew us around :) , the Atlantic House is positioned at an amazing location. You walk out and can stare at the ocean as long as you want.The staff was extremely pleasant and did not hesitate to assist us with suggestions for local restaurants. We had a two bedroom with a queen bed each; it was clean and comfortable. We cannot wait for our next visit!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mamaitaly72
PaulineC85, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

Thank you for the review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us at The Atlantic House and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Very old,nothing fancy,but the rooms are cool and clean and when we go we don't spend much time in them anyway.Location is PERFECT.We spend day 1 in Narragansett...day 2 down at Miquamicut...day 3.take the ferry over to block island.. This is always our homebase though.A great time EVERY time!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
PaulineC85, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

You are correct when you say very old, just to give you a brief history, the hotel was built in 1867 when the Pier was at its peak of tourist and local popularity. With the loss of the casino to fire and the many other tragic events over the years, the other four hospitality establishments are no longer in existence. That leaves the Atlantic House the only one of the original five hotels built in the late 1800's still servicing guests today, and we take great pride in the historic value it has for local residents and visitors alike. We want to thank you for taking the time to review the property and for your patronage as well as loyalty as a returning guest. We hope to see you again in the near future and hope that you will be happy with the upgrades and changes we have and are making to offer our guests up to date amenities and ensure they enjoy their stays. Thank you again!!!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Yes, the hotel could use some renovations, but if you're not in your room anyway, no big deal. It was clean and great location and ocean view plus staff very friendly. Would return. It has a great location in Narragansett also.

Room tip: Room had ocean view, very nice view
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb B
PaulineC85, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

We are working on our renovations. We have improved many things but we are working on curtains and rugs at moment. We are also finishing painting rooms we did not get finished last winter and replacing more bathrooms, so hope when we see you again you will be very pleased with our renovations.