I stayed here at the recommendation of a bride whose wedding I was attending and who was also staying here with the rest of her wedding party. The only positive thing I can say is that it is conveniently located and has ocean views. The cost was $155 for a standard double occupancy room on the first floor during the off-season. The price was quite steep given the state of disrepair of the hotel. The lobby is rundown and the staff was completely indifferent. The room was spacious but shabby and smelled musty like it was old and unkept. There were no blinds or shades on the window but rather a torn tarp used to block the sun. The furniture was cheap and sparse and the room was painted an obnoxious sea foam green (I am sure the paint was discounted). There was a tiny balcony off of the room that accommodates only one plastic chair and nothing else. To be truthful, I could not see evidence of dirt on the carpet or linens but did not look too carefully as I was stuck there for the night and didn't want to uncover anything. They keep emphasizing "renovations" and there is a plaque in the lobby that states the same but it is difficult to imagine what renovations could possibly have been done? I was curious how this place was dressed up in their brochure and they showed pictures of their lovely "sister" property down the street. Wise marketing decision!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at The Atlantic House, one of the earliest established hotels at Narragansett Pier(Originally built during the winter of 1866-67) We are located on the famous and scenic Ocean Road, with panoramic views of Narragansett Bay. Enjoy the 2nd floor deck. Relax in one of our full ocean view guest rooms with a separate sitting parlor and step out on your private balcony, breathe the fresh ocean air, and take in the spectacular view. For your convenience, all rooms have individual climate control, microwave ovens, small refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers, iron and ironing boards and color television with cable reception. All rooms are equipped with electronic entry lock security systems. Please be aware that because of the age of this historical hotel, there is no elevator. The Atlantic House is central to countless recreational and cultural activities such as golf, tennis, boating, museums, historical landmarks and ferries to Block Island and Martha's Vineyard. Narragansett Beach, Shops of the village and restaurants all a short walk from our front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic House Hotel Narragansett
- Atlantic Hotel Narragansett