We stayed here because it was convenient to a wedding reception we were attending at the Village Inn about 5 minutes away. We paid over $160.00 (1 night) so was expecting much more. They also charged our credit card on the day we made the reservation, which was 2 mos. before our arrival! That should've been a red flag right there.
Even though the beach is right across the street, the view from our room was of a side of the building. This hotel is old, floors are wobbly, and the bathroom reeked of urine. It smelled so bad, it drifted into the bedroom so we had to close the bathroom door. The king size bed was way too big for the room. We had 1 foot of space between the bed and the bureau where the TV sat to get to the front door. The carpeting and furniture were all ratty and beat up, maybe they were purchased from the goodwill.
Fortunately, we only stayed one night and couldn't wait to get out of there. We should've read the Tripadvisor comments before picking this hotel, but it was one of the hotels the wedding party recommended so we didn't even think to look up Tripadvisor. Lesson learned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at The Atlantic House, one of the earliest established hotels at Narragansett Pier(Originally built during the winter of 1866-67) We are located on the famous and scenic Ocean Road, with panoramic views of Narragansett Bay. Enjoy the 2nd floor deck. Relax in one of our full ocean view guest rooms with a separate sitting parlor and step out on your private balcony, breathe the fresh ocean air, and take in the spectacular view. For your convenience, all rooms have individual climate control, microwave ovens, small refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers, iron and ironing boards and color television with cable reception. All rooms are equipped with electronic entry lock security systems. Please be aware that because of the age of this historical hotel, there is no elevator. The Atlantic House is central to countless recreational and cultural activities such as golf, tennis, boating, museums, historical landmarks and ferries to Block Island and Martha's Vineyard. Narragansett Beach, Shops of the village and restaurants all a short walk from our front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic House Hotel Narragansett
- Atlantic Hotel Narragansett