The Anchor Motel is one of those increasingly rare establishments - family-run instead of a franchise. As soon as you arrive you can see the owners care about the place. Everything is well-maintained, clean and efficient, yet, also laid-back and comfortable. Owner's Gene Cournoyer and his daughter, Christine, made us feel at home.
My husband and I found it to be the perfect place to stay during our first visit to Rhode Island. We'd definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Scarborough State Beach; a few steps across the small two-lane road and you are on the beach! Fifteen immaculate rooms each with an ocean view and a private deck. Non-smoking motel, great for guests of all ages. Rooms have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), bathroom, refrigerator, AC/heater, cable TV, and wireless internet. Close to the Block Island ferry, the historic towers, Point Judith Lighthouse, and the University of Rhode Island. Continental breakfast served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Anchor Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Motel Rhode Island