This is the second year we have stayed at the Anchor Motel. To give it a really high review, I guess it would need lots of amenities...this does not have those. It is a basic roadside motel, like those back in the 60s...like the Bates motel but not at all creepy. It is bright and white and clean...but VERY basic. The TV is teeny and there is a small fridge and that's it. The things that really make this place is (A) it is across the street from the beach; (2) it is in a quite friendly neighborhood; (C) it is across the street from the beach; (D) it is a very clean, family-owned business; (5) Newport is 20 minutes away; (6) it is right across from Scarborough beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Scarborough State Beach; a few steps across the small two-lane road and you are on the beach! Fifteen immaculate rooms each with an ocean view and a private deck. Non-smoking motel, great for guests of all ages. Rooms have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), bathroom, refrigerator, AC/heater, cable TV, and wireless internet. Close to the Block Island ferry, the historic towers, Point Judith Lighthouse, and the University of Rhode Island. Continental breakfast served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Anchor Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Motel Rhode Island