The Anchor Motel
Travelocity
$76
Orbitz.com
Good 3.5/5
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area(South Kingstown)(Great Value!)
$151
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the streetscarborough beachfamily that ownsno frillsbeautiful beachdonutssmall porchconveniently located rightminute walk to beachnice little placenight including taxesbeach loversmemorial day weekendarrived homethe great reviewsgreat place to stayfantastic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Depending on whether you want a motel room or B&B room (only 2 rooms) the convenience of the beach across the street with boardwalk and close proximity to Point Judith, Newport this is the place. Lovely porch at B&B or individual mini porch at motel rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jessemassachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2012

What a great, clean and perfect beach lover's place to stay! Generous size motel room with great size bathroom and mini fridge! Super nice, family owned place, that's steps from the beach! Scarborough beach is perfect for everyone and you can easily go back and forth from beach to room! No need to park a car at beach or even walk far to get a perfect beach spot! Newport is close and town of Narraganset is a short car ride down the road! Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool or restaurant..end room was sunny very early but you could hear the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed in the B & B portion. The room was comfortable and meticulously clean (even the back corners of the closet and medicine cabinet didn't have a trace of dirt). At this price point, that was a very pleasant surprise! The bed and pillows were comfortable. There is a large parking lot (for the beach) across the street, but since it was the off-season it was closed. I imagine during the peak season there might be more traffic and noise, but while I was there it was quiet and peaceful. I enjoyed sitting on the porch and listening to the ocean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paitah
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I just got back from a beyond lovely stay at the Anchor Motel in Narragansett, RI. My sister and I went for a little weekend getaway, we were so happy we choose this location. As you drive down the road to get to this little gem you see the ocean in the distance, when you pull in the parking lot the ocean is in your front yard. We booked room 14 (the best ocean view) VERY WORTH it! At night we sat in front of our large windows and watched the ocean crash against the beach. I could not get over how the beach was 50 ft from our room. While on the beach if you walk to the left there is a great little ruins with awesome views!

The room had two queen beds a flat screen t.v/ fridge a little desk and A LOT of closet space! The bathroom was a good size with a bathtub (Great water pressure in the showers) I don't think I have been in a cleaner room. Upon checking in the room smelled so fresh!
We also had a lovely front porch to sit on in the morning and enjoy some coffee (free at the front desk) <----- good touch

The location of this hotel is perfect, very close to a lot of beaches, restaurants and shopping. Newport is only 15 minutes away. We will be returning with friends next year!

Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!!!

Room Tip: Close to the beach, you won't have to pay for parking, just enjoy it whenever you want!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Gratefulkate78
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This motel is just across the street from the beach so you dont need to pay for beach parking and close enough to go back to your room to use the bathroom or get something to eat. Everything is very close by, Dunkin Donuts, places to eat and its not far from Newport.
Best of all the motel rooms are spotless, clean...clean...clean and new matresses that are very comfortable but I would suggest you bring your own pillow. The pillows are flat! I liked it so much I went back 2 weeks later!

t

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but I liked romm #1 I also stayed in room #8
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo