The Richards
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Narragansett
See available hotels
The Anchor Motel(Narragansett)
The Break(Narragansett)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewslavender suitebreakfast was deliciousprivate bathroomshort drivescarborough beachnewport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Richards Bed & Breakfast is a beautiful granite castle-like home built in the 1800's. It has lovely gardens & is a short drive to the Narragansett beaches & restaurants. Breakfast was wonderful each morning & the hosts very friendly & informative about the area. Our room was furnished with antiques & lovely linens and had a private bath. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

When you decide on a b&b based on what you see on a website, there is a certain amount of risk involved. That said from the minute we pulled into The Richards driveway, we were impressed. If you enjoy a park like setting, a home with character, a thoroughly relaxing atmosphere and hosts who make you feel welcome ...... The Richards is for you. Our room was exceptionally clean. The grounds were very well maintained and even included a pathway to the rocky coast. Our breakfast was excellent ...... both days. Talk about home made. We were impressed and considering my wife is a pastry chef ....... that says something. The only disappointing part of our trip was the fact we only could stay two days. We will be back ..... for sure.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I have always dreamed about hidden, beautiful houses that I read about in fantasy books as a child. The Richard's Bed and Breakfast is my dream house. From the second I entered the stone beauty I knew this was like no other place I would ever stay in again. Every room took me to the mansions in my children's books. It was simply one of the most unique places; not touristy whatsoever. I stayed in the yellow room with my sister and my parents stayed in the blue room. I adore how the rooms are color orientated; it gives the B&B even more charm. When I stepped outside, I was knocked off my feet. There were numerous cute places to read a book or spend time with a loved one surrounded by lovely flowers and shrubs. My favorite part of the grounds is the bubbling waterfall going into the pond. The immense fish of different colors made me smile. Everything was so clean, so beautiful, and I honestly could not get enough of my stay at The Richard's. Nancy and Steven were very hospitable and so friendly! I recommend this stay 100%!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The house is gorgeous, very stately. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated. There are extensive gardens, including a waterfall and koi pond with a hammock and tables that's a perfect spot for relaxing. The house used to be part of a large estate which is now a retreat center. There is a path from the b and b that goes through the old estate, past the “castle”, and down to a shore access point with wonderful big rocks for clambering and watching the ocean. The food was fresh and tasty. Nancy and Steve have created a beautiful and serene getaway, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We had a great time at this quiet historic home in Narragansett. Beautiful house and grounds in a nice neighborhood. Amazing breakfast too! Would recommend for those looking for a nice weekend away and at the beach. Long walk or quick drive from the public beach.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends