“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Trio

Trio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 90 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Street
Description: Located just steps from Narragansett Bay, Trio brings the warmth and tradition of Sunday’s family dinner back en vogue. An open-air kitchen showcases wood-fired ovens that emit aromas of basil and freshly baked dough; the wood-fired grill is adorned with chops, steaks and seafood, while pasta is being freshly made before your eyes. Outside, enjoy al fresco dining just steps away from the beach.
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Trio for lunch over a month ago on a Saturday and it was pleasant, food was good. We went back again two nights ago (Sunday) for dinner and it was a huge disappointment.

We were being seated in a back dining area where a large party was dining (very loud) and it was a bit chilly due to the ceiling fans overhead going at full speed. I asked if we could move to a different area and the young lady said she had to go back to the front podium to ask if it was ok. Really? You would think I asked for a kidney by the look she gave me when I asked to move. She came back saying it was ok to move to another dining area. I have to agree with other reviews I've seen on this site and others, the staff is snobby.

After looking over the menu, we were disappointed because the items we'd had on our first visit weren't there and most of what was on the menu wasn't anything to write home about and pricey. Our rolls were brought and they were hard/stale.

We place our order with the waitress. Our meals come with a side of rice and green beans. Neither of us wanted the green beans so my husband asked for rice and mashed potatoes. He made a joke about having two starches for sides. I asked for rice and roasted corn. The waitress repeated our order back to us and it was correct and we said yes that's what we want. However, she never wrote any of it down.

Somehow, the walk from the table to the computer where she enters the orders caused her to develop a mental block. A short time later another server brought our meals. My husband didn't get rice, just mashed potatoes. I didn't get rice, but did get the green beans and corn. When the waitress came to check on us I asked why I got the green beans instead of the rice and she said she thought I wanted corn instead of the rice. How does someone go from repeating the correct order of what you asked for to assuming you meant something else when putting it into the system? I said never mind, not going to get into it over rice. I wanted to say maybe in the future you should write down the order, but again, didn't want to get into it. After that she acted like she wanted nothing to do with us.

The only saving grace about all of this was we had a gift card and it didn't cost us anything for the over-priced, pretentious, disappointing experience.

• Visited July 2013

Hopewell Junction, New York
“Fun dining, good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Food was fresh and filling. Server was cute and funny. We were seated pretty quickly for a July evening. The ambiance is relaxing. Crab cake appetizer with a side salad was plenty of food!

Visited July 2013
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Worth a try in Narragansett”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant is just a short walk from the water. An okay outside turns into a nice setting to eat once you step inside. If there's one dish you should try let it be the grilled scallops with fingerling potatoes and asparagus. Among the best scallops we've tried in Rhode Island. My wife won the prize with her entree choice. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky with my selection - shrimp served on a bed of cappellini. It was bland and average in a region that serves some fine seafood. In fact, I should have had the calamari appetizer as my meal because that dish was great - crunchy with roasted red peppers and some heat.
What we remember about this meal was the service. The waitress was attentive and friendly.
Overall, this place is worth a shot, especially if you're dining with kids.

• Visited June 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“only fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

portions are small. lobseter sandwich did not seem fresh, veggie burger was mushy. maybe our choices were not the best

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Graduation Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Loved the calamari and the eggplant parmesan. My daughter is gluten free and they have a very nice GF menu.

Visited May 2013