“Going down hill”
Review of Trio

Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Narragansett
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Street
Description: Located just steps from Narragansett Bay, Trio brings the warmth and tradition of Sunday’s family dinner back en vogue. An open-air kitchen showcases wood-fired ovens that emit aromas of basil and freshly baked dough; the wood-fired grill is adorned with chops, steaks and seafood, while pasta is being freshly made before your eyes. Outside, enjoy al fresco dining just steps away from the beach.
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Going down hill”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have patrons Trio since it first opened. At first it was a nice new place, with good food, good portions, and reasonable prices. The food has steadily decreased in taste, portion size, and quality and increased in price. The service is very slow, and the waitstaff is very UNknowledable. The drink menu is limited, overpriced and below average sizes. While the restaurant is pretty inside, the overall quality and service is so poor we will be taking our business elsewhere.

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Not worth your time”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were seated promptly for what we were hoping would be a nice dinner. We ordered a bottle of wine from the somewhat unexciting wine list. Our server did not know the wine we chose yet looked dismayed we chose it. That was confusing to us.

We were given bread and water while our server got our wine. The bread water and wine were the highlights of the dinner. We had the Narragansett potatoes bravas. We expected seasoned potatoes manchengo cheese and spicy chorizo. What we got were some roasted potatoes with cheese on them. There was some strange butter sauce on the side that contained bits of bland chorizo at the bottom you had to dig for. We expected spicy potatoes as the name indicates these were just cheese fries, and not very good ones either!

Before our appetizer plates were cleared, our entrees arrived. My husband ordered a mediocre sole francaise that he did not finish. I ordered penne ala vodka. The dish had a tasteless sauce and overdone penne. It also had spaghetti and some random peas in floating in it, these wrer NOT part of the entree. It made me wonder about who is minding the kitchen and how such a sloppy dish made it past the pass! Needless to say we skipped dessert!

The atmosphere is noisy and there is no value for the money to be found here. Go elsewhere, just about anywhere else.

• Visited August 2012
rirestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Trio, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments from you recent visit to Trio. On behalf of the entire Trio team, my apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. We always strive to create the best guest experience possible through a comfortable atmosphere, excellent service and perfectly prepared dishes. Thank you again for sharing this feedback, we understand that using guest feedback is what helps us to improve the overall guest experience. I hope you will choose to dine with us again at Trio when your are in Narragansett. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Noisy”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very noisy inside. Gluten free pasta is only penne. Prices are high. Four dinners were served & two were served ten minutes later. Outside is much better than inside.

Visited August 2012
Hi Hugo,

Thank you for dining with us at Trio and for sharing this feedback from
your visit. My apologies that you found the restaurant to be noisy
inside and that two of your meals arrived late. It is our goal to
provide not only excellent food and great service, but also done in a
timely manner and in a comfortable atmosphere. I hope you will choose to
dine with us again the next time you are in Narragansett. Please feel
free to reach out to me any time if I can provide further assistance.

Cambridge
“Service Lacking, Food Mediocre”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a Food & Beverage Director of a hotel, with a 9 month old at home, going out is not frequent, so this was a date night for my husband and I, who also works for Morton's. So our standards and expectations are high before even walking in the door. Was not greeted at the table for ten minutes, bread another ten minutes. We ordered the calamari which came with the bread. Calamari was awesome, but the service was dreadful. Caesar salad was wilted, soggy and had brown pieces that I picked out and put on my bread plate. Server didn't notice or simply didn't care. Penne ala vodka was fine. Fisherman's Stew was OK but fish and potatoes tasted like the chorizo. We ordered a side of mac and cheese, it was penne alfredo with no taste and bread crumbs. Server was insincere when we expressed our concern about the mac and cheese and caesar. Pam our server took the caesar and mac and cheese off the bill, but the overall service was so fake that we just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Overall a very disappointing date night mostly due to unacceptable service.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bigeasy66
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your
recent visit to Trio. I apologize we did not exceed your expectations.
At Trio, we understand that an expertly prepared dish paired with top
notch service creates the best guest experience, and my apologies that we
fell short. Thank you again for providing us with this feedback, it is
through constructive comments from guests that help us to improve.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you would like to
discuss further or if I can be of any further assistance. I hope you
will choose to visit us at Trio again.

Connecticut
“Nice looks get the Very Good, Food Average”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The staff was friendly and professional! The place looks great and has a nice selection of seating area both inside and out. The food we rated as average. Of the five of us 3 rated it average for food, and 2 rated it very good.

Visited August 2012