“Perfect New England Beach”
Review of Narragansett Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Long flat beach, ideal for surfing.
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Water is clean and not at all sea-weedy. One word of caution; waves were on the big side the day I was there although they dissipate across a long plateau. If your small child is content playing in the shallow area, it's great (mine isn't - which can be a little stressful). We had not problem finding space on the sand during the week but it can get extremely crowded on weekends.

1  Thank Edgingin

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I don't see a listing on TA for the Narragansett Surf and Skate Shop so I'll post my review here. We signed up for surfing lessons through the shop and had our lesson on Narragansett Beach. Was a great time!! Our instructor, Matt, was very friendly, helpful and patient as we all tried - with varying degrees of success - to learn to surf. Ages of our group were 14-45. It is a pretty athletic sport but would recommend to anyone who wants to give it a try!

2  Thank Rachel77079
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We are used to the beautiful Belmar (NJ) beaches but LOVE this beach. The Narragansett Town beach is unspoiled, with a green, bushy backdrop, deep and wide beach, and recycling! Good food at the entrance.

3  Thank johnnydogmatic
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This beach has it all - waves, long sandy beach perfect for walking, all the conveniences of a pavilion... Go for a long walk starting at the end of the "pier" all the way to the Narrow River and you get historic homes, great views of Jamestown and Newport, dunes... What more can you ask for?! Free street parking along the Pier but it fills up quick. Wish I was there now.

6  Thank Traveling_JenRI
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I grew up in RI and in the 60s we surfed at Narragansett Beach. I live in VT now and realize how beautiful Narragansett Beach is. Looking at the photos of the beach on this site I can smell the ocean and feel the sand between my toes. It is a marvelous place and I highly recommend visiting Narragansett Beach. I love it!!

5  Thank kestap