Sea Shell Motel
Pleasant View Inn(Misquamicut)
Winnapaug Inn(Westerly)
The Coast(Westerly)
View Hotel
All reviewssalt pondhot tubwithin walking distanceother placesbackyardkayakgrillchrisballmarshbeachocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Great beach motel that is pet friendly! Very friendly staff! Love the hot tub and the salt water pond. Very relaxing.. nothing fancy.... but highly recommended if you are traveling with a pet...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank beachie419
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My family and I traveled to Westerly for a surprise father's day weekend away. We came from Connecticut which wasn't too far of a drive, but far enough to feel like it was a real vacation. Travelling with my boyfriend's 6 year old son and our 2.5 year old cockapoo, Martin.

Upon arrival Chris, the front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating. He gave us a brief description of restaurants around the Motel and while he admitted he was somewhat new to the area, he was knowledgeable with what vacationers were looking for. The entire staff was very warm and welcoming to us and very friendly to our over excited dog. One of the owners even came to meet Martin on our last day there...It was very sweet how they treat their guests. At one point Martin ran from the room out to the street out front without his leash on. Chris immediately jumped up from what he was doing and, along with a few helpful passers by and guests, we were all able to grab him before he caused too much trouble outside and possibly hurt himself. While Chris survived an injury (scraped knee), Martin remained injury free because of his help. That story just seems indicative of the warmth we encountered this past weekend.

Besides the accommodations, you really can't beat the location of the Motel, one to two blocks from the water and actually on the salt pond. Our six year old and dog both loved the boating and swimming from the dock and we could hardly get the six year old out of hot tub.

All in all we agreed that we plan to make this a yearly vacation spot going forward...I was truly surprised and impressed by the friendliness of the staff and owner, Debbie and would love to come back for a visit in the near future. Thanks to Chris, Debbie and everyone at the Sea Shell Motel!!

Kristen, Trevor, Noah and of course, Martin.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristen52579
Reviewed June 28, 2010

The Seashell is a top notch motel. My girlfriends and I visit every year, and it just keeps getting better. Love the hot tub, view of the bay and proximity to the beach and restaurants. Planning on returning next year!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank booboo1063
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We arrived friday night with our dog Lucky.We were greeted warmly and made to feel at home. The room average size,clean,and view of bay. It was about a 2 block to beach front and restraunts. our dog got to swim in the bay and loved it. We brought our own dog bed and towels. The off season price was great. I have traveled all over world and this nice motel was great. I would give it a solid 3+ stars rated with other motels but personally I would rate it 5 star in my book. Come try it out. Brian Tracy and Lucky I forgot to mention that it is less than a half hour to Foxwoods Casino.!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmil41
Reviewed August 27, 2009

very rude staff- double charges us for two weekends refused to refund any of the money. we tried to cancel and they wouldnt let us, so then we came down and they had resold our room and refused to refund our money. the owner is very rude, was double paid for our room and said that it was "unfair of use what we did" she recieved $400 each for 4 night when the price was $200 per night and said it was unfair of us. it would be one thing not to refund our money but to be rude and hang up on me is another thing. i would never even consider staying at this place again and nasty owners dont deserve my business

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gf123
SeaShellMgr, Owner at Sea Shell Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2010

I was sorry to see how this situation turned out. The guest had a reservation for three nights but failed to show up or call for the first night. The balance of the money that the guest had paid was returned to the guest, so there was no double dipping.

We do have a "no show" policy, as do most other establishments, under which we charge for the first night and cancel the remainder of the reservation if a guest does not show up or call to cancel. Our on site manager chose to apply the no show policy in this case.

I feel that this was the result of a miscommunication between our staff and the guest, so I hope we can all put this behind us.