“Excellent Value,location,view of bay,owners very friendly and helpful.”
Review of Sea Shell Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Misquamicut
Sea Shell Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Ct.
“Excellent Value,location,view of bay,owners very friendly and helpful.”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We arrived friday night with our dog Lucky.We were greeted warmly and made to feel at home. The room average size,clean,and view of bay. It was about a 2 block to beach front and restraunts. our dog got to swim in the bay and loved it. We brought our own dog bed and towels. The off season price was great. I have traveled all over world and this nice motel was great. I would give it a solid 3+ stars rated with other motels but personally I would rate it 5 star in my book. Come try it out. Brian Tracy and Lucky I forgot to mention that it is less than a half hour to Foxwoods Casino.!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pmil41

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
gf123
Reviewed August 27, 2009

very rude staff- double charges us for two weekends refused to refund any of the money. we tried to cancel and they wouldnt let us, so then we came down and they had resold our room and refused to refund our money. the owner is very rude, was double paid for our room and said that it was "unfair of use what we did" she recieved $400 each for 4 night when the price was $200 per night and said it was unfair of us. it would be one thing not to refund our money but to be rude and hang up on me is another thing. i would never even consider staying at this place again and nasty owners dont deserve my business

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gf123
SeaShellMgr, Owner at Sea Shell Motel, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
I was sorry to see how this situation turned out. The guest had a reservation for three nights but failed to show up or call for the first night. The balance of the money that the guest had paid was returned to the guest, so there was no double dipping.

We do have a "no show" policy, as do most other establishments, under which we charge for the first night and cancel the remainder of the reservation if a guest does not show up or call to cancel. Our on site manager chose to apply the no show policy in this case.

I feel that this was the result of a miscommunication between our staff and the guest, so I hope we can all put this behind us.
Connecticut
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I"ll start with the good. The seashell location is very convenient to both Misquamicut state beach and town beach. Its also close to many restaurants and bars. Its also one of the only hotels that doesnt require a 2 night minimum. However, for the price you would hope they could make some effort in the areas of the room. We stayed in room #8. The room's are small which is okay and has a beachy feel. However, the missing tile on the wall in the bathroom, the huge hole in the bathroom ceiling, the dead remote battery's and the fact that the sheets had a few hairs on them did not contribute to the charm. We asked the front desk to change the sheets on one of the beds since there were hairs when we lifted up the pillow and also bring up an extra towel since one of them had something on it. They changed the bed with attitude not even so much as an "I'm sorry" and when we handed them the dirty towel we got the reply that "it was only a floor mat not a towel". Not friendly at all. We didnt even complain about the rest of the conditions I mentioned above. The shower was extremely clean, however, when you pulled the knob to turn the shower on the whole thing would pull out of the wall to the point where you thought you might break it turning it on. All and all we only had to stay a night so not too bad. But this little Inn could have potential if the owners cared enough to put some extra TLC into the room

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank ccd42579
SeaShellMgr, Owner at Sea Shell Motel, responded to this review, September 1, 2009
I appreciate your kind words and hope that you did enjoy your stay with us and that you will stay with us again. Feedback from our guests helps us improve our offerings and meet or exceed guest expectations. I would like to address the points you brought up.

First let me apologize for the less-than-friendly conduct of our staff. With 140 beds being changed every week by the housekeeper and manager, I can not say that there will never be an occasional mistake. What I can do is influence how our staff responds to a mistake and what steps they take to avoid future mistakes. I would have handled the situation differently and, I like to think, in a more friendly manner. There is no excuse for bedding or towels that are not absolutely clean. I will discuss this with our staff and I hope the conduct of our staff will not keep you from staying with us again in the future.

As to the condition of the facilities and how much effort we put into caring for the property I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Each and every winter since my wife and I bought the Sea Shell Motel in 2006 we have invested time and money to improve the facility. If you had stayed with us prior to 2006 you would think it was a different building when you walked in this year. We replaced all the beds and every stick of furniture, replaced the wall mounted lights with overhead lights, painted every interior and exterior wall, replaced all of the old toilets, tiled most of the floors, replaced all televisions and most refrigerators, and completely remodeled many of the bathrooms. All this within less than four years! The missing tile to which refer is a trim tile on one of the bathroom walls, the huge hole in the ceiling is a small piece of the suspended ceiling tile that was cut out to fit around a post, and, finally, I have yet to find a remote control battery that will not die over time. If you come back and find that these issues have not been addressed, then you will be correct in saying that we need to pay more attention to our facility. I think we work very hard to make our facility the best it can be, and we are always planning more improvements.
Tennessee
Reviewed July 18, 2009

The pink palace is nice little motel less than 1 block from the beach. The rates are a bit less than the beachfront motels and the room was comfortable. It won't compare to a 5 star resort in NYC or Boston, but it is pet friendly and family friendly. The TV's are flat screen. The bathrooms are really small, but we didn't go to the beach or this hotel for a huge bathroom. They have a hot tub out back, and a BBQ grill. It also has a dock with a paddle boat and 2 canoes. The canoes might have been the best part of our trip. It was too cold the week of July 4th to go to the ocean much, so we canoed the salt water lake behind the motel and had a lot of fun. The owner is really nice and the staff is very helpful with advice on things to do in the area. If you want to stay on or near the beach at Misquamicut, then I would definitely recommend this motel. There may be nicer places inland such as the B&B's, but the access to the beach is a super ++. Also, they have free wifi!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joaks
connecticut
Reviewed May 12, 2008

my boyfriend and i stayed there about a year ago and we had a great time. the rooms were non-smoking, which was nice. my boyfriend was a smoker but there was a chair outside for him to sit outside and smoke so he really didn't mind. the room are small, but clean and nice. there was two beds, a dresser and a TV mounted on the wall. the bathrooms were small too, but i didn't mind. we didn't spend too much time in the room, and the time we did spend in there wasn't uncomfortable or cramped. the view out the front window is the road and and streets and such but the back window view is amazing. there a lovely pond in the back. there's a rowboat and canoe that you can use. and it's a lot of fun to use them too, i highly suggest taking them out on the water if you stay there it's a lot of fun. there's also a jacuzzi which was nice also. it's super close to the beach. me and my boyfriend didn't use our car the whole time we were there. we had bikes and we were able to get everywhere on them. it's really close to everything.
the best thing i like about it was hearing the sea gulls first thing when i woke up in the morning and the sea breeze drifting in through the windows. it's really a nice place to stay. i really enjoyed my stay and if we go back to rhode island again this year we will definately think about returning!

• Liked — close to the beach, canoe and paddle boat, jacuzzi
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank stalkerclammy
New York
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The Sea Shell Motel is a good place to stay at Misquamicut beach with your pet.

The motel changed owners last year and the new owners have done a good job of trying to update the rooms and furnishings, but they still have a little more work left to do. The bathroom in our room (not yet renovated) suffered from odors and mold on the rotting linoleum floor..

If you decided to stay at the Sea Shell, be sure to ask for a room that has had the bathroom update completed.

Positive notes:

The new owners are nice people, very friendly and accommodating.
The room was very clean.
The location was relatively quiet during the week
The beach is 1 block away
The rates are very reasonable

• Liked — our pet was welcome at the beach
  • Disliked — very small room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
connecticut
Reviewed August 11, 2007

i had a great time when i went to seashell motel. it is very close to the beach- alot closer than i expected. debbie, the owner was very friendly and helpful. there were times when she would leave, but she would have a sign up saying exactly what time she would be coming back. this wasnt a problem since if there was an emergency there was a payphone right outside. the room was small but comfortable. one day it rained and we spent most of the time inside and it wasnt uncomfortable at all. the floors were all tile which kinda sucked since alls u did all day was track sand inside but with rugs it would be a pain to clean also. the pond in the back was great with paddle boats and canoes. didnt go in the jacuzzi but it looked clean. i think there should be a little end table outside of the rooms in case u feel like hangin out outside. overall my stay was great and the only thing that sucked was having to leave. i would definately go there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — beach was very close, friendly owners, great sea salnt pond in back yard with paddle boats and canoe
  • Disliked — quiet time at 10 p.m. jacuzzi closes at 10 pm
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lorbo0618
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Pleasant View Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
#3 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Sea Shell Motel? Share your experiences!