My mom and I have been going to the PVI every year after Labor Day for several years, and we LOVE it! Let me say straight off that if you are looking for a chain hotel experience, or lots of amenities, this is not the place for you. The rates are admittedly high, but you are paying for an incredible location and view. Also important to note is that the place is unfortunately completely inaccessible to those in wheel chairs or those challenged with mobility issues - lots of stairs and no elevator - but the inn was recently sold and I am hoping that barrier will be addressed.
Ask for an ocean-side room on the higher (2nd or 3rd) floors, which will give you a better view and a private balcony - best to ask for an ocean-side room on the end of one of the buildings, so you're not sandwiched in between other guests (balconies are very close together and afford little privacy). Would also ask for a room that doesn't overlook the hotel's spread of beach chairs above the ocean, unless you're really into people-watching and don't mind being observed. Definitely get a room with a fridge in it - dining options in town are few in the off-season, but we love going to the local grocery store and picking up dinner stuff to snack on while sitting on the balcony and watching the water. The hotel restaurant is also very good (and great service), if a little overpriced.
I've read other reviews of the PVI that describe it as dumpy, a motel, etc. It has never been that in my experience. The hallways are a little dark but the rooms are clean and bright and basic and totally meet our needs. You won't get shampoo and conditioner, but you will get an astounding view, incredibly pleasant staff, and a space to totally unwind. There are many of us "regulars" who go back year after year, and it is the kind of a place where some regulars really bond and spend days together, while others seek total privacy and get it (that's more our style).
My mom and I will go back to the PVI every year, for sure. I'll be interested to see what happens in the coming years with the new ownership. But if you want a place to relax, sleep well, swim, walk, eat well, etc., we think it's wonderful. Bring your own beach chairs so you can head down to the sand instead of fighting for hotel chairs up on the bluff over the beach. We love it here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pleasant View Inn is located on the Atlantic Ocean in Misquamicut, RI. Offering Rhode Island charm, the Pleasant View Inn is the best choice for a seaside family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Pleasant View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant View Hotel Misquamicut
- Pleasant View Misquamicut