“Not So Pleasant.”
Review of Pleasant View Inn

Pleasant View Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying that we did have a nice 4 day vacation at the Pleasant View Inn. However, the Inn is very outdated and the rooms are in desperate need of remodeling. The hallways are dark and the carpet looked worn and dingy. The TV in the rooms are probably about twenty years old and none come with a DVD player. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked well. The hotel and rooms are reasonably clean but could be better. What saves this place is the location. You are right on the beach and they have plenty of lounge chairs setup to relax by the ocean. My 5yr old enjoyed the beach and swimming in the pool so that was a big plus. The attached restaurant/bar was nice and the food was decent with average prices. Overall, we enjoyed our stay because we had nice weather and were not confined to our rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room by the ocean. This place does not have an elevator so if you have trouble with stairs ma...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JPJCT

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Hotel is right on the beach, which is definitely worth the cost of the room. The room was small but clean and it was quiet at night. The ac worked well and we had no problems during our stay. We did have to pay extra for our 3 year old which was a bit much but overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank oceanbird898
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We've stayed in Misquamicut many times, but just tried the Pleasant View for the first time. Wonderful weekend! Clean, spacious, well-stocked rooms (although no shampoo), location that can't be beat right on the quiet end of the beach, really excellent restaurant, with very well-prepared breakfasts (try the western omelette) and perfectly steamed lobster and steamed clams -- so many places either over- or under-steam. Very nice outdoor pool and lawn chairs looking over the beach a nice touch. Attentive staff. Not super-luxurious -- a family place -- but everything it takes for a great time at the beach.

Room Tip: Poolside can be noisy, with late swimmers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MajorNYC
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We didn't plan to stay here. When our reservation at a nearby inn didn't work out, we found the Pleasant View and they just happened to have an extra room. It far exceeded our expectations. It was very clean, and some areas were brand new. The staff was very friendly. The food in the restaurant was excellent. We have already booked our stay for next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank eileen29
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here several years ago and although the location is fabulous the hotel was dark and very musty. Not great. This time however we had a fabulous stay! It appears that there is all new carpet, the bed was very comfortable and the linen was lovely. No musty smell what so ever and the location is superb. Great place for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank realtorlmh
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I came to this inn last year and had a fantastic time. However not sure if this visit things were quite where they were before. First off I have great praise for the restaurant bartender and waitstaff. So attentive and very professional. I also give kudos to the housekeeper for my room. She was excellent-left me extra towels & very respectful. But here are the negatives. The fire alarm went off in the late afternoon. I left and waited outside as directed by hotel staff. However no one ever said it was cleared to return inside. I ended up asking the bartender and he said it was a false alarm and I was fine to return-close to an hour later. Then during the second night of my stay there was no hot water. I called the front desk from my cell-no phone in room. Front desk stated they would send up housekeeping. About ten minutes later a knock at the door-the front desk gave me a key to another room down the hall to use that to shower. So I proceed to the other room only to find no hot water in this room either. So upon check out I explained why I was returning a key for two rooms. I explained that neither room had hot water. The front desk staff says, "oh you should have come and gotten another key for another room that had hot water. We have been having problems with hot water in that part of the hotel." So as the guest why would I return another time to ask for another key to shower in another room when you knew there was no hot water/having problems? I was paying for an ocean front room and you could have let me know this upon check in or moved me earlier. Better yet repair the issue before you placed guests in these rooms. So I then asked if there would be any reduction in the rate for no hot water. She checked with someone and gave me about 15% off one room night. Lastly-no fault of the hotel but the beach really needs more work since the hurricane. There was not much beach and it was so full of rocks. I did notice small things too like the old shower curtain, no decorations in the room, broken umbrella (which staff attempted to open but was beyond repair) and general wear. Again small items but when added to the no hot water mess I will definitely not be returning... It is all about the customer service and telling the guest to come back for another key I felt like she was blaming me? I could have actually overlooked the no hot water if it was addressed appropriately out of the gate! For the money I can go elsewhere and find better service and a better beach...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank UpstateAdventurer
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Right on the beach who could ask for more. While there is no elevator nor hair dryer nor electronic room key the inn does provide an unchallenged beach location. With pool, bar and restaurant on premise one never needs to leave. While its true the rooms could benefit from a new coat of paint the matrresses are super comfy. OverAll a quaint place to stay with a super friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
9  Thank Lisa D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Sandy Shore Motel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#1 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Pleasant View Inn? Share your experiences!